The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Define a "Welll Setup Single Supra"

jevansio

As I'm going single later this year I'm doing all my reading up on what to get until then. I keep seeing the phrase "well setup single supra" banded about as in "have you ever been in a well setup single supra", I want to make sure my Supra falls into this category.

So what I want to know is what I need to do. I'll start with what I believe a necessary, please feel free to add.

1. Correct turbo choice for application & good quaility parts. Mine will be a road car so I'm torn between the PHR 1 & PHR 2+ DBB, but as I see it, both are proven street turbos with high quaility HKS parts.

2. Good mapper, no point having all the toys if the final map is pants.

That's it from me, anything else I should ensure I do to make mines a good'un?

(Assume PHR 2 fuel kit, AEM, cooling/suspension/brake upgrades also).

Also I take it that it's generally accpeted that:

T61 = Super Response + Good Power

T67 = Good Response + Super Power

would

3.4L T67 = Super Response & Power

Ta

Jay

one that does not brake down , jutters all over the place when driving and starts in the cold first time.... but thats all to do with the tuning . Use a good mapper and that should solve your problems ...i got a full kit for sale :-) jay you know you want it...discount and fitting aswell available.

one that does not brake down , jutters all over the place when driving and starts in the cold first time.... but thats all to do with the tuning . Use a good mapper and that should solve your problems ...i got a full kit for sale :-) jay you know you want it...discount and fitting aswell available.

I know you do :D, but I ain't got the funds ATM, if that AEM is still available in a month or so I'll prolly get that off you. Don't tempt me with discounts, you know I'm weak :D :D

I would say my car was a perfect example of a NOT well set up single.

T61 with Emanage Ultimate - Stock 550 fueling with new pump.

Oh and a FMIC

Bad performance wasnt down to bad mapping it was down to 2 things 1. With the low fueling setup it could only be mapped to 0.8 bar :yawn: and was not at all impressive (My BPU felt faster)

2. I turned the boost up and fucked everything up....lol, kids eh!

The diff IMO is when the fueling is done properly e.g at least 650 injectors and FPR and AEM - then again ill soon find out :D

I can do you a excellent deal for the full kit , remember the sp kit is identical to the HKS kit . i can even arrange the install for you , fueling system i can provide , with proper hangers and save you lots of wod !!!!.... have a go in my car next week when its tuned and ill show you what you are missing out . I can do installments if you want :-)));)

I can do you a excellent deal for the full kit , remember the sp kit is identical to the HKS kit . i can even arrange the install for you , fueling system i can provide , with proper hangers and save you lots of wod !!!!.... have a go in my car next week when its tuned and ill show you what you are missing out . I can do installments if you want :-)));)

I'm gonna give you a ring this aft for a chat, I'll have to come and have a go in your car when it's done, I take it the GT4082 is very similar in characteristics to the T61???

I can vouch for Mr Lane too, very pleasant, easy to talk to and is a prefectionist when it comes to working on the Supra....

....I have said this before and will say it again, if Michel was a Michelle i would have kissed him:D

Jevansio, Michel is working on my car at the moment (SPT67 install with Stage 1 Fuelling, 880cc Injectors, dual pumps etc), so if you want a low down on his charisma lol...drop me a pm:)

At the limit of what the stock chassis can take without serious mods / money being spent.

..............and what type of power is that Chris please? I have read a fair few threads about singles but your point is something which I'm clueless over:rolleyes:

cheers mate

Whatever Wez's gives :) He needs some serious suspension to use it effectively. Any *MORE* than he has and I'd want a total revamp of the suspension, myself. You can feel it rear steer as it is, due to compliance in bushes, subframe mounts, blah blah. Remove the compliance and the ride, noise levels and harshness will suffer badly.

People talk in mega horsepower figures so much these days, but even if you do have 700 HP it's no use if the car can't plant it effectively and safely.

I am tempted to go small single maybe next year when my car is set up to how I like it (ie good breaks LSD etc) at the mo its the insurance that would kill me.

i wouldn't bother telling them mate, they rarely check under the bonnet by the sounds of things anyways and if they do find out just play dumb, not like your a mechanic or anything is it ;)

Mmm - I would tell them

That you have increased your performance or that you have just installed a BL T67??

There aint no way on earth that my insurance company would pay out to have something like that replaced,

I see insurance as something that you have to pay...just like a tax, as long as the other car gets fixed in a bash(assuming its my fault) then I'm satisfied!

I think I've got all I need to know, good EMS with good tuner, I think I'm currently being swayed to the T61/GT4082 rather than the larger T67/GT4088, I want good response & mid range, & I'm not really bothered about chasing big hp, but I do want it to pull hard to the redline, don't want it to seem like it's running out of puff.

I would say my car was a perfect example of a NOT well set up single.

T61 with Emanage Ultimate - Stock 550 fueling with new pump.

Oh and a FMIC

Bad performance wasnt down to bad mapping it was down to 2 things 1. With the low fueling setup it could only be mapped to 0.8 bar :yawn: and was not at all impressive (My BPU felt faster)

2. I turned the boost up and fucked everything up....lol, kids eh!

The diff IMO is when the fueling is done properly e.g at least 650 injectors and FPR and AEM - then again ill soon find out :D

Appreciate this input also Pig, it's good to know where not to go :D