The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Young Supra owners

JamieP

I haven't bought a Supra yet, but I got a quote from Adrian Flux for £2800 tpf&t.

I'm just happy someone will insure me :)

You would be insane to take that quote, I'm guessing it's on a turbo and your under 21? near 3k for just tpf&t it's just not worth it, you might as well wait a year or two and have another 3k to spend on the car.

I bought my tt at 21 about 2 1/2 years ago and the insurance then was £1400, and back then it was impossible to get a quote until 21 and still hard to find someone that would insure, with elephant btw.

Oh also to add that when I was 19 I missed out on buying a uk manual due to me not being able to get rid of my mini in time, at the time the uk manual was the only supra that I could insure, for some reason the uk auto you couldn't but the manual was ok, that came in at less than the mini, but at the same time I did actually get a quote at 19 on an sz-r, that was 5k and I considered it, so glad I didn't, just wait :)

When you say young Jamie, how old is the person you are looking for and how many no claims do they have and which area do they live in, as the is quite a difference in age and location of he people posting up.

I am 27 and live in Leeds and have declaired full BPU UK auto with Sky, i have 6 points (for a SP30) and 1 claim against me and 6 years NCB and i pay £830:)

Guest subfocus
You would be insane to take that quote, I'm guessing it's on a turbo and your under 21? near 3k for just tpf&t it's just not worth it, you might as well wait a year or to and have another 3k to spend on the car.

I bought my tt at 21 about 2 1/2 years ago and the insurance then was £1400, and back then it was impossible to get a quote until 21 and still hard to find someone that would insure, with elephant btw.

You say that, but i see it like its just the price I have to pay to drive a car that I want to drive. Yeah its on a TT for 19 years old with 2 years NCB.

If you no of anywhere that'll insure me for less...

You say that, but i see it like its just the price I have to pay to drive a car that I want to drive. Yeah its on a TT for 19 years old with 2 years NCB.

If you no of anywhere that'll insure me for less...

are you going for a manual or auto tt?

Guest subfocus
are you going for a manual or auto tt?

Manual.

I no it sounds a bit stupid, but I've spent a long time thinking about it, and if i bought something else I'd just feel like I've wasted a load of money on something I don't want.

I've worked out all the costs, and everything involved, and found its do-able, expensive, but hey, gotta spend your money on something.

Elephant here.

1150 Fully Comp, 22 (but was 21 when took out the policy) 1 years no claims, no accidents (low no claims due to been on mums policy for old cars)

Lancaster have given me a quote this year of 850 for 22, 2 years no claims

Car is a jspec TT auto

Sky if i told you what i pay you would proberly ban me lol

only joking! they where really good insured as a second car they duplicated my no claims so i have them on both cars aswell which is great!

Im going to be going for a TwinTurbo this summer when i have 3yrs no claims and im 20 :)