The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which turbine cover?

Jake

Which A/R do you reckon for the 4088 on a divided manifold like the PHR/HKS one then Charlie? I can't decide between 0.95 and the 1.06

I have no idea Jake, I know the theory about div hsg, but would prefer real world feedback. Maybe we could have a meet with JamieP and SimonB for a shootout :D

What cams are you running? I'm 264/264s.

• 2 weeks later...

Still having no luck getting a turbo. Several suppliers have told me that Garrett are out of stock of the gt4088 at the mo.

TDAutowerkes have offered me a 0.85 divided housing 4088R for $1799 but I presume I'd want about the same AR as the non-DDB 4088, about 1.06 or 1.19 divided - correct?

Im thinking about getting one of these too, off the same seller infact :)

Was thinking about the 0.81 a/r, as it will make it less laggy and keep the car pretty drivable.

Jake, if you go for one of these, do you want to see if he'll do a special deal when ordering two? plus we'll save a bit on shipping

I think 0.81AR divided would be too small on a divided manifold though.

I've found a place that does the 4088R for $1710 now:

http://www.himni-racing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_27&products_id=56

Ahh right,

mines not divided so i dont have to worry so much.

Ive gone for a phr stage 2+ now anyway (pt67), £500 brand new :D + £60 delivery.

this is the same turbo as the one in your link above isnt it?? slightly cheaper ..

Ebay link

i put a wanted post on the supraforums and a member came back to me, he'd bought the stage two+ kit and decided to go for a bigger turbo so didnt need the gt67.

Think i got a bit of a bargain :D

Also got these quotes for turbos if any of them interest you Jake...

GT4088R: $1900 +$100 shipping

PT67 Journal Bearing: $950+ shipping

PT67DBB: $1250+shipping