The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help us choose a new pool car - £12k budget

Pete

Or the Citreon and pug versions as there cheaper to buy and with the exception of the skin are identical to the aygo.

But the pug has the biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigest chin of any car in the world. Evar!!!!111one. The aiygo looks nice for such a small car.

Also, you don't want your sales reps to be laughed at when they arrive because they're driving a car that looks like a kitchen appliance!

Skoda Octavia is the hot runner at the moment.

Highly recommended - I have the Laurin & Klement version (53 plate), 1.9 PD 130 turbo diesel, generally averages 45 mpg with lots of spirited driving, when the more sensible chaps in the office borrow it they seem to average 50 > 60mpg, I can't though :)

6 speed 'box, huge boot (4 wheels and tyres without the seats down), most things are electric, leather, heated seats, good stereo, HIDs, cruise, comfy and most importantly it's quite rapid - faster than the NA Supra I borrowed recently I reckon.

It's not had any issues as yet that have been the fault of Skoda, just one bad repair that caused a wiring loom to get water on it and one of the fools put petrol in it the other day :rolleyes:

Dealers have been very good so far, thumbs up from me :)

Highly recommended - I have the Laurin & Klement version (53 plate), 1.9 PD 130 turbo diesel, generally averages 45 mpg with lots of spirited driving, when the more sensible chaps in the office borrow it they seem to average 50 > 60mpg, I can't though :)

6 speed 'box, huge boot (4 wheels and tyres without the seats down), most things are electric, leather, heated seats, good stereo, HIDs, cruise, comfy and most importantly it's quite rapid - faster than the NA Supra I borrowed recently I reckon.

It's not had any issues as yet that have been the fault of Skoda, just one bad repair that caused a wiring loom to get water on it and one of the fools put petrol in it the other day :rolleyes:

Dealers have been very good so far, thumbs up from me :)

And its almost exactly the same as the VW Passat, although one model release behind (i.e. the slightly older style). The Passat is a GREAT car in 130 ps diesel form. Very capable and will pull 132 leptons if you try for long enough ;)

Extremely capable handling, smooth refined ride, great economy, very quiet...... an excellent choice!

Does it have to be brand new?

Yes. We'll buy with 3yr cost life cycle so it needs to have warranty to cover that really.

But half the price due to the dodgy badge ;)

Indeed. I found the similarity to the Passat was uncanny. Excellent build quality.

Thanks for your input guys. :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Got the Skoda at 13:50 today with 20 delivery miles on it.

Took it to a clients by the M42 at 14:00 :D

Got my mitts on it first, very impressed for the money. TDi version is quite nippy and economic. Looks like we'll buy another in a couple of months.

Red "D" and red "i" version?

Ummm. I can't remember. Whatever the cheapest one is! ;)

We were a bit miffed to find the damn thing doesn't have central locking?!

It has an MP3 CD player, electronic locking....but no button on the fob? :rolleyes:

Ummm. I can't remember. Whatever the cheapest one is! ;)

We were a bit miffed to find the damn thing doesn't have central locking?!

It has an MP3 CD player, electronic locking....but no button on the fob? :rolleyes:

So it has central locking - but not remote central locking?