The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mosque to be built for London Olympics

dibbleyuk

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Religious buildings should be self funded, so if public money is spent on any religious building (regardless of religion) Id be miffed to say the least.

Im also an athiest, with a little Jedi thrown in for good measure. :)

The only religious thing I do is wash the Supe on the weekend.

I'm all for it. Lets face it, it's an easy target if we want to wipe 70k terrorists off the planet. (just kidding ;) :D )

Maybe we all just accept that the Tablighi Jamaat are the type of organisation we want preaching to the desperate and delusional of London?

I'd like to see communities integrate within the UK and both me and my partner are proud to be British.

:yeahthat:

If such a grand building were to go ahead, it could certainly help to diffuse racial tension and also add to the tourist trade here. However, unless it were open to non-muslims alike, all it will do is INCREASE racial tension and be a god-send for those who refuse to integrate, the kind of nut-jobs that insist on wearing full robes into saunas and the like!

You can't ban a belief, it's like asking a child to stop believing there's a monster under the bed.

Which to be honest is how I view religion... I think it's a crutch that mankind is hanging onto because we're not advanced enough to let go. We can't cope with the notion that our friends and loved ones might not live on after they die, and that an evil person doesn't get their justice eventually.

Religion is mankind's way of putting the tough decisions into someone else's hands, so they can be told what's right and wrong.

If you hear a sharp whistling sound, it'll be this thread plunging downwards towards the fan. :p

this is a very good way of viewing religion. i also believe religion is the cause of all hate /war etc but am not against anybody following any religion as long as it doesnt interfere with anybody else.its like a hobby for some old dears who go every sunday to meet others in a gentle enviroment what is the harm?.i have freinds both hindu and muslem who are both gentle kind people in fact nicer than most english i know.its a same that fanatics give them such a terrible image there is good and bad in all societies.

sorry for going off topic we were talking about wembly were we?

Well........England has pretty much lost Christianity, C.O.E failed badly to modernise and move forward unwilling to "be all things to all men" as Christ instructed Paul.

The result is the alternative, a massive Muslim influence, strong and progressive. If they pay for it, and use it, and we dont like it, we only have ourselves to blame. You'll appreciate the men who built St.Pauls, York Minster etc a lot more when your looking at this every day.

Alternatively, if it really buggs you move to N.I., your still in the UK and Mosques are pretty much non existant. You'll see more "Britishness" in parts of N.I. than you will any where else in the UK.

:yeahthat:

If such a grand building were to go ahead, it could certainly help to diffuse racial tension and also add to the tourist trade here. However, unless it were open to non-muslims alike, all it will do is INCREASE racial tension and be a god-send for those who refuse to integrate, the kind of nut-jobs that insist on wearing full robes into saunas and the like!

LOL, are you nuts? how can a building made purely for the purspose of saying were taking over the show, and aimed at sticking one type of community in one place away from other communities be a positive thing for intergration?!?! christ, please think about what your saying! what normal person in their right mind is gona want to go into a mosque full of people who practice things they dont believe in?!

Religion is the great divider, and a super mosque is a great divider! no one can stop them from building it but it best not be public money thats being spent, there are a lot more worthy causes than satisfying peoples dillusions cos the majority havent entered into the modern world yet.

Just for info, there's a massive Sikh temple built in Southall a few years ago. I did some very early drawings for it way back in 1997. That was self-funded IIRC, i.e. the local community all chipped in and raised millions. It's a very lavish building.

I'm sure whoever reported this story originally, deliberately said "bigger than St. Pauls" purely to stir things up.

Just for info, there's a massive Sikh temple built in Southall a few years ago. I did some very early drawings for it way back in 1997. That was self-funded IIRC, i.e. the local community all chipped in and raised millions. It's a very lavish building.

I'm sure whoever reported this story originally, deliberately said "bigger than St. Pauls" purely to stir things up.

And the hindu temple close to wembley (just near Ikea on the A406).