The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mosque to be built for London Olympics

dibbleyuk

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about it when was the last time you saw someone in a turban or a peep scarf running the 100m?

thats a bit borderline dont you think? plus, not all muslims are wear veils etc. dont forget, there are more muslims on this earth than any other religion iirc, rangeing from turkish, to spanish to irish (ok the irish bit is a lie but you get my point ;) )

You can't ban a belief, it's like asking a child to stop believing there's a monster under the bed.

Which to be honest is how I view religion... I think it's a crutch that mankind is hanging onto because we're not advanced enough to let go. We can't cope with the notion that our friends and loved ones might not live on after they die, and that an evil person doesn't get their justice eventually.

Religion is mankind's way of putting the tough decisions into someone else's hands, so they can be told what's right and wrong.

If you hear a sharp whistling sound, it'll be this thread plunging downwards towards the fan. :p

Guest Bobbling
thats a bit borderline dont you think? plus, not all muslims are wear veils etc. dont forget, there are more muslims on this earth than any other religion iirc, rangeing from turkish, to spanish to irish (ok the irish bit is a lie but you get my point ;) )

Completely Untrue, the Christian population is almost a Billion over that of Islam.

Religion has been used for centuries to control the masses, it has its good points (can't think of any @ the mo) & its bad points (i.e. logic tends to dismiss it, in its relative forms). But should a country that is/was predominently christian be funding other forms of religion, when this would'nt be entertained(which i have no problem with) in most/any? muslim countries so far by responces it seems many think it should, i'd be curious if there was a poll on here what the outcome would be.

I haven't seen any evidence to say the mosque is being bult with taxpayers money. I don't know of any mosques that has to be honest.

The site has been owned since the early nineties and from my experience the Saudi family haven't helped in any 'tabligh jamaat' masjids in the past, so it surprises me they would in this case. Central London mosque is heavily funded by the Saudi family, however the Dewsbury one isn't. It's the Dewsbury group building this.

2 of the bombers went to Dewsbury mosque. 2 people visited a mosque in Dewsbury and that makes the whole organistion a fundementalist terrorist movement.

Every muslim tries to pray in a masjid. When I'm visiting family in Dewsbury, I'll attend the Dewsbury mosque. I ain't no fundementalist (I'd miss the Supra too much)!

I don't believe religion starts all the wars either. Wars have been started for land, oil and race aswell.

Yes, wars have started because of religion and still do today. The situation in Darfur really annoys me and I wish the UN would act sooner to stop the situation, whoever is to blame. The Israeli Palestine conflict seems like there is no end in sight and again this annoys me too.

I don't see why a mosue can't be built. A deal was done originally back in 2001, before the Olympic bid was won, so the reason behind it isn't because of the bid. Obviously though, it's got to fit in with the environment and locality around it.

We built a Masjid recently and were asked to make it smaller than a church 500yds away. We followed the request and built something that was in taste with the local character. We have also held open days for people to come and visit and even if there is no open day, anyone is welcome to come, look around and ask questions.

I'd like to see communities integrate within the UK and both me and my partner are proud to be British.