The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1994 Black SZ 5spd Manual with New Suspension, RLTC & more... suitable for NA-T?

weinelm

***NOW SOLD ***

It is with reluctance that I am posting this ad, but unfortunately I have to sell my supra that I have owned and enjoyed for 3 years, as I have got a job in Australia.

It is a stunning black, 1994 non-turbo SZ with the 5spd manual box. It is basically standard, except where noted below. It is in excellent condition throughout, no accident damage and is completely reliable.

It has been a bit of a project for me, with the aim of creating a great handling NA for road use.

This car also would make an excellent base for an NA-T conversion, as it has the manual box (stronger than NA auto), RLTC already fitted, the suspension is done and it is on UK 17s.

Suspension

• Suspension completely rebuilt to replace bushes.
    - TRD Front LCA Bushes.
    - SuperPro Front UCA Bushes.
    - TRD & Standard Rubber Rear Bushes.
    - Standard Rubber Antiroll bar bushes front & rear.
  • New Bilstein Shocks, with standard springs
  • Full Alignment done by Chris Wilson in December 2006.

With the all the bushes done the car feels really tight and drives like new. This set up gives a great wet or dry handling with a reasonably compliant ride.

Racelogic Traction Control

• RLTC with Launch Control

Wheels

• UK 17" Alloys with facelift centres (recently refurbished, so absolutely mint)
  • Nearly new Falken tyres with loads of tread.

Exterior

• Refurbished 'facelift style' headlights.
  • Rear fog light conversion (so no ugly fog light).
  • Looks stunning when polished, but there are a few stone chips on the bonnet a couple of minor car park dings and a 5 inch scratch by the fuel filler (I had it repaired, but it still shows).

Interior

• Interior is completely standard and in good condition. Although, the dash panels could do with a lick of paint to make it perfect.

Brakes

• J Spec Brakes, the rears have recently been refurbished
  • Chris Wilson Fast road pads
  • Goodridge Braided hoses

Security

• Toad CAT1 Alarm/Imobiliser

Maintenance

• The car has been fully maintained - I have a load of receipts for everything from boot rubbers to battery!
  • It has been serviced by a Toyota Main dealer since it was imported to the UK (except last years service which I did it myself) and I have all the UK service history.
    Major items include:
  • New cam belt 25'000 miles ago.
  • New clutch 20'000 miles ago.
  • New rear wheel bearings a year ago.
  • New Denso Iridium IK16 Spark Plugs
  • It sailed through the last MOT, with no observations or advsiories noted at all.

It really is a good car, which I will be sad to see go. I am looking for £5995 ono.The current MOT expires in April and the car will be serviced and MOT'd before it is sold.

I may consider removing the RLTC and replacing the UK 17s with 16s to drop the price, but I would prefer to see the car go as the complete package.

Note: Not all of the photos show the UK17s or refurbished headlights.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Matt

Thanks guys! I'm not looking forward to leaving the world of Supra ownership!

Good question about the RLTC. In common with a lot of SZs it doesn't have ABS (I believe ABS was only an option on pre-facelift SZ cars). So, I have changed the complete front hubs, rear hubs and rear driveshafts for the ABS versions and added the ABS sensors required for RLTC! I figured that this was the neatest and most realiable way to do it and it just uses standard Toyota parts. I also did the wheel bearings at this time too as I noticed there was some play in them.

I've probably spent too much money on this car! :rolleyes: It was worth it though as RLTC is excellent, particularly in the wet.:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.