The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front bumper respray..

Bobbeh

I think someone ran into the front of my car today, as I've noticed a white-ish rash and a split in the paint by one of the 'horns'. Its nothing toooo bad, but I was wondering how much I should expect to pay for respray of the bumper.. :conf:

I have been contemplating this for a while due to other marks and chips etc, this is another step toward getting it done I guess. Thanks :)

Not sure about the cost but if it's split then you need to consider having it plastic welded too. I'm having my motor resprayed at the moment and de-horned, they said the only way to prevent cracking in the future was to weld up the holes with the same material.

Paul

I dont think the bumpers split, its just the paint has cracked, where I think one of the horns has pushed up against it causing it. I didnt notice it until I washed it today.

I'm miffed as to when it happened. I didnt see anything at Billing. Could have happened in town today :( Ah well.

Expect £300-£400 as this is the going rates unless you can find yourself a backstreet sprayer , (in cash) and they will do it for £150-200 notes.. I spray my self I have stoped recently due to a health scare its nasty stuff (BE WARNED to any one thinking about takeing it up ) I still have all the equipment though and plan to do my bumper and side skirts when I get some the cost in material for the front bumper will be less than £80 includes, thinners, 1 litre of paint ,1 litre of plastic etch primer, and the laquer.. excuse my spelling it is too early ..

I had my Stillen front bumper done by Les Bedford in Norwich. This is a VERY reputable spray shop and he only charged me £140 all in.

(He must do good work if Rolls Royce authorise him to repair their cars!)

I had front bumper done (Obviously with the flex agent stuff in the paint), bonnet put back to metal, etch-primed and painted, both wings re-sprayed along with the roof and offside rear quarter. The whole lot cost me £599!

I've used this spray shop for almost 10 years now and the quality is always just what I want.

Cheers Brian. :thumbs: That sounds great. I've slowly noticed the front of mycar getting whiter with tiny imperfections and small chips, and its starting to annoy me. Plus my bonnet as some corrosion on that I want to get rid of too. Wouldnt mind having the whole front end done tbh, but its not essential right now.

depends how big it is but try ChipsAway

The ChipsAway bloke did a crap job on my van , he filled the scratch but you could still see the crease in the metal and the paint finish was poor.

He said "No one else will notice it because they don't know where to look". Arsehole!!!

So by that he was admitting it was a crap job himself. lol

If you want a good job done use a renowned bodyshop in your area. It may cost more but will be worth it in the end.

Cheap = problems later and poor finish.

Be willing to pay about £200 to £300 for a top job.

I have heard Dude is very good don't know if he is near you.

The guy I had do my small dents, an independent, said he has seen Chips Away blokes painting half the side of cars with a small airbrush !

He said they were shite, the paint was dry and powder before it landed on the car.

Paul