The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VVTi Dyno Sheets @ JAE

V

Pointless in the fact that the discussions on here about correction figures and percentages never seem to get anywhere, and without some real comparable data no-one can say for sure. I didn't mean anything related to this thread in general, far from it. :)

I can't see someone forking out the £££ to put an engine onto an engne dyno and then installing into a car and running on several different sets of rollers (ideally on same day if not at similar time of day) to make reliable comparisons.

It's always interesting to see what newish totally stock cars make on certain rollers, but probably best not to hijack the thread to discuss this.

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Yeah Tims figures came in a bit low (I wasn't gonna name him here like you lot though;) ) His was diagnosed as restrictions in the exhaust system ie a buggered cat or box and not a standard power output. His fuelling was also on the side. His print out did say that the power figure was at the flywheel but theres no way that he was running that figure at the flywheel.

No worries here, I was going to post up the dyno pictures, but haven't had time, having some problems at the moment.

Originally posted by dangerous brain

His fuelling was also on the side.

He means on the high side, good enough for upto 1.1bar.

I dont mind the Hi-Jack.

Makes an interesting read.

BUT, if anyone could help with drop in power 4.5-5k.

Anyone reckon its more likely to be the pipes/intercooler or the CATs?

Just to fill you in, i had some crunching, scraping noise a while back in the same rev band.

Pulled over to seem if there was anything jamed up but saw nothing and the problem dissapeared.

It didnt sound great though.

Carry on:D

Stephen V