The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ive had enough of bikes

JamieP

Hell, I don't know what to say Jamie mate. I can understand the near-death experience but I never thought you would get out of the bike scene.

Saying that, I was down in Cornwall during the eclipse a few years ago (11th Aug 1999 I think) and a guy died when he flew round a country bend on his ZX6R.

He would have been OK if it wasn't for the 'real' old bloke that was reversing his 30-foot camper van on a blind corner. The guy died immediately but it took me 20 minutes to realise just what bike it was as the impact was so bad - the fella was unrecognisable

TBH, I don't think any ride of mine ever goes without incident these days as the roads are so bloody congested with foolish car drivers (there a few stupid bikers too as I think we would all agree!!)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is my bike is mint, id be gutted if i dropped it, im gonna sell this one and may hire a track bike if i fancy doing aa track day every now and then.

So was mine the first day on track. Straight off the boat and onto Snetterton with 70miles on the clock. At the end of the day it had 200 on the clock and was well on the way to being run in. I did manage to keep it below 8k rpm all day somehow.:)

I'd say there's far less chance of falling off (or getting knocked off) on a track day than on the road.

Good luck with the sale mate.

I think I just think all road users are like me.... I ALWAYS spot bikes long before they get to me. As they approach, I look ahead for junctions/hazards, if it is clear, I indicate left twice and move over, I then normally flag them forward if I have the window open.

Nearly all bikers then give me a thumbs up or a wave and go on their merry way. I was thinking of doing my bike test this year but this is based on my courteous way of driving......now I'm thinking twice....you kind of pissed on my pudding tbh lol.

thing is with bikers they bring some of it on themselves.weaving in and out of cars on traffic jams.

brother in law and his mate on bike together coming home from work and a woman pulls out in front of them they hit her side on and both got threw from bike.brother in law had cuts and grazes.his mates helmet came off and now is brain not there and his life is wasted.he has wife and kids too.

always seeing bikes go mad on main road doing crazy speeds in a 40 zone.

must have been a close one to put off a nutter like you jamie.well done with the sale highly maintained bikes owned by performance freaks always sell well. i am torn about selling the bimota but it will have to go i have a beutifull baby girl to think off, dying or being locked up would be too stupid so i am putting new tyre on and will advertize it shortly.:(

jamie if your not joking about the wheels can you give me first look on your current 19s i missed your axis hiros last time. i have a set of uk 17s at moment 2 mint rears and a buckled front think you need the 17s still?

I think they are already sold but ill let ya know if they aint.