The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ive had enough of bikes

JamieP

Im selling up not getting another, had a few to many near misses today, some silly c**t doing a U turn on the other side of a blind bend, i was so lucky there was a drop curb there, i could not stop so took the pavemant to miss his, he had a few choice words said to him..

Then 10 min later im waiting to turn right at a roundabout and some women steps off the pavement right infront of me just as i go to pull away, i nearly run the silly cow over:rolleyes:

Highlight of the day was playing with Ashbhp on the A5.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Afraid to say I'm glad to hear it mate, I grew up with bikes and have a number of bikers in the family, but road users are NOT bike aware - so I'm glad you're giving it up. You shouldn't have to give it up because of others, but that's life. And I SO want a serious bike, but I have to accept that I can't have one.

I new what 'desmo' meant before I knew what boobs were :D

Spend the money from the bike on a Cossie project ;)

Jamie, I sold my Blackbird last month for the same reason, too many close calls. I've been riding for 18 years and it's way more dangerous now than when I first got started.

Some drivers remove their brains when they step into their car!!!

Not good Jamie, but you'll miss the fun of the bike in the summer. I bet if you sell it you'll have another in a couple of momths. It's dangerous out there on the bike but i think that is what makes it that little bit more fun. :)

Ive had it with them mate, ive never felt like that on a bike before, i just felt scared and thought to myself this aint worth it anymore, atleast it gives me more time to put in the supra, i have big plans:)

Not sure on peoples thoughts but if I were a biker and didnt want to ride on the road then I'd set myself up with a bike trailer and just do bike track days around the uk, this way if you have an accident you'll be somewhere safer than on the road and it's more down to your riding style :)might be an idea?

Having a Supra now is the compromise I had to make as my wife would not let me have another bike. I only got as far as having a RGV250 (showing his age). That ended up under the back wheels of an artic after some stupid tw@t made me swerve.:(

I told the missus a couple of years ago that I wanted another bike. She worked out that we could afford it with insurance, running costs etc but then told me that the divorce and child maintenance would kill me!!:D

Got a flash car instead!!;)

H.

I sold my R1 just over a year ago - not so much because of my own mortality but just because I found I was never using it. I did find it had become a bit much as well though - I used to ride bikes every day and the R1 made sense then (even though it was a sunny day toy) but when I was only doing a few hundred miles a year it was all too unfamilar, and it really was too powerful and too easy to make mistakes.

However, I do miss it. I am seriously tempted to buy something in the summer - the main thing that's stopping me is that I still don't know when I'd use it. Plus, I don't know what I'd want.

Guest flipper

...road riding is dead...was good in the late 80's and 90,s...too many vehicles and idiots a plenty...been riding 19 years sold up last march; RSVR, Husaberg FE450s and XR600RW...bought my Supra RZ-S TT last year not looked back.Still have access to bikes if need one for a launch and have RD350LC in conservatory for something to polish and watch whilst drinking tea.

Track days are the future and have ACU licence for some safer speed fixes...get it sold ,right time of year...at least you have been there and can still tell the tale.

Also been a paramedic 12 years and have picked up countless bad road crashes, 90% car drivers error...track injuries are minimised all due to run off and better tarmac... unless a orange bibber takes you out or a dreamers who run out of talent mid-bend!!!!...dont be a statistic

Jamie, take it to a track. It's the way to go when you feel like you do. Bike track days are full of guys who've given up road riding for the same reason.:)

I'm doing Donny GP on the 24th April, come along and hook up with us if you like. Me, a mate on his K5, another on an older Fireblade.

If it doesn't float your boat you've lost nothing (well, maybe a day and £150;) ).

Track days is an option, but to tell the truth as ive got older i just dont feel as comftable on them anymore.

Shame the born again riders dont see it like that. Not saying your old :lol: Seems to be alot higher percentage of older folks getting killed. But as people have said theres just to many idiots out there.

I gave up a few years ago when i got thrown nearly 400ft down a road after a guy decided to over take whist i did. I came out sort of ok but my friend had to have his face rebulit.

Where i slid down the road on my back the friction went through my bike jacket and down to my back bones. Enough was enough.

I took it as a warning as i used to spend most of the time on the back wheel or sat on the front bars being an idiot. Want to start Motor X next year. At least if i hit a tree i know it was my fault

Jamie, take it to a track. It's the way to go when you feel like you do. Bike track days are full of guys who've given up road riding for the same reason.:)

I'm doing Donny GP on the 24th April, come along and hook up with us if you like. Me, a mate on his K5, another on an older Fireblade.

If it doesn't float your boat you've lost nothing (well, maybe a day and £150;) ).

Thing is my bike is mint, id be gutted if i dropped it, im gonna sell this one and may hire a track bike if i fancy doing aa track day every now and then.