The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mortgage Gone!!

Havard

Well done mate! How did you do it then?

H.

We had a 15 year repayment mortgage, capped for 3 years. About £500 pm.

At the end of the 3 years we'd also managed to save enough to pay off about half of the remainder too and managed to get another 4 year capped deal. Instead of paying a reduced amount we kept the payments at £500 so were paying off at twice the amount.

At the end of the 4 years we'd managed to save enough again so paid the whole lot off. :)

Hard graft at the time but well worth it.

It's thanks to no mortgage and a small army pension that I can afford to have the break from work that I'm now enjoying. 4 months so far and haven't touched the savings. ;)

I'll hold you to that :p

Steady!!:D

We had a 15 year repayment mortgage, capped for 3 years. About £500 pm.

At the end of the 3 years we'd also managed to save enough to pay off about half of the remainder too and managed to get another 4 year capped deal. Instead of paying a reduced amount we kept the payments at £500 so were paying off at twice the amount.

At the end of the 4 years we'd managed to save enough again so paid the whole lot off. :)

Hard graft at the time but well worth it.

It's thanks to no mortgage and a small army pension that I can afford to have the break from work that I'm now enjoying. 4 months so far and haven't touched the savings. ;)

Similar to how we di it. Funny how you don't miss the money when you don't see it!!;)

I want a bigger house, so I'll have to bite the bullet in the next couple years and probably borrow again. If it's 50k I'll try a 5 year mortgage!!

H.

The bank have penalised me £463 for early payment but I would have paid three times that in interest charges anyway.;)

Nice one. I paid mine off last year. But just found that I can reclaim penalty charges as they are unfair, like the bank charges argument.

One call to Halifax with Mortgage number and a couple of dates, they are now sending me a cheque for £200.

Not big bucks but will pay for a good night out.