The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wanted Track Day Car

Hobgoblin

Hi all;

All my lovely toys seem to have gone, sold the Supra long time ago now, and the Soarer has recently gone.

So summertime and I am gonna do some track days, hence I need a car;

Must be rear wheel drive, manual gearbox, more than 200hp, (the more the merrier!), cheap as chips, around £500.

A mk 3 Supra springs to mind, but I will consider anything that matches the above criteria.

Condition immaterial, but must have some MOT, and be mechanically sound.

Cheers from Carl

:)

a mkiii wont respond too well to track use, its a heavy car that was built as a GT. The brakes tend not to be up to a track day so those will need replacing, and the cooling is borderline on the older cars so a new rad may be required or else you might blow a head gasket.

If you want cheap and fun then its an 200sx S13 really.

JB

If you want cheap and fun then its an 200sx S13 really.

I had a go in a decatted one of these the other day (aprox 200bhp) and was really impressed, acceleration seemed very strong and felt like a really quick car with the added bonus of RWD fun. I think my mate picked it up for about £800 as well and it was pretty much mint. Might be worth a trip over to http://www.sxoc.co.uk for more info.

A great budget track car id say would be a 1.9 205 GTI , altho i think for £500 quid it would be a bit ratty !

And altho down on power i suspect you'd lap as quick in that as you would with a heavy mkiii or Nissan !

I do a lot of track days now and these seem a popular choice , i had one myself and it was great fun , have a Lotus now for the track :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.