The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Numpties Guide to TTC?

JamesArup

I've read pretty much every post on TTC I think today, but I'm still a bit unclear on a few things .... which clearly makes me an idiot.

I just want to try the quick hose method to see how it feels for a day before I maybe try to go the MKIV.com ETTC route.

As far as I can see, the guide for the TTC on MKIV.com (HERE) basically says to stick a one-way valve in the middle of these 2 pipes

AIC Actuator?

and

ECG Actuator?

Most people I have talked to about this though do not mention using any valves though - rather just a case of popping a hose or two off one place and popping them back onto another place? Does anyone have any numpty-proof (ie. ME), pictures of what needs to go where. Once done, I am hoping to write a 'TTC for Dummies' tutorial for idiots like me!!

Cheers, J :cool:

Christ almighty .... that is soooo cool!! It sounds awesome - proper 'tuned race car' stylee - makes your insides shake :cool: :cool: .

Yes, the boost is a bit slower to appear, but it's so much smoother, and when you put your foot down, it really does go :p :p . Is it bad to use this 'pipe' method for a long period of time .... I could get to like it?

TBourner - As far as I know (and I clearly don't know much), it will work on any Supra, modded or not. Although I can imagine that it works best on a decatted car maybe. Someone that knows what they are talking about may shed more light on that! Now that I've done it ..... It really is very easy!!

I was running 'ETTC on' for most of yesterday and it really is a great laugh, the power really comes in nicely if you boot it from about 3500rpm and it does seem to produce more boost than if Im in sequential mode.

I then switched back to sequential a few miles from home and the low down power is great too. I think running ETTC is the best bet, use sequential for round town and true twin when you feel the need. It does make the car a lot louder once the pressure tank is pressurised though.

JB

Originally posted by tbourner

I might have to try that when I get a spare minute.

How much does ETTC set you back - I'm assuming you get a nifty controller with it too?

It's about £35 IIRC, and comes with it's very own little switch. That is it, no need for a controller, it's just simply wired into the ECU.

Instructions can be found on MKIV.com or Matt Harwood can do it for you.

Ben..

Sounds weird. Probably totally unrelated, but that's EXACTLY what my car was doing the other day 0.5 bar with foot to the floor. Turned out to be a split FMIC hose - HERE is the relevant thread!

Other than that, all I can think of is that you plugged it up wrong .... But I'm hardly the expert on this :innocent: :conf:

OK the top one is definitely correct. Can somebody confirm that what I did on the bottom VSV is correct please. What I did was remove both the pipes shown in this pic :

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/images/articles/andy05.jpg

and connect the one labelled Pressure Line From Above onto the part that the pipe labelled Line to EGCV Actuator was previously attached to.

That's right isn't it?

Thanks for the pic James.

I was doing it right but the pipe had come off as I drove up the road. The engine was too hot to go sticking my arms down there by the time I back home.

Well, it's working now. Blimey it's completly different, like a different car. I like the sound but I'm not if I like the power delivery. I'll give it a few days and see how I get on with it.

Well I've been running TTC mode for a coupe of day now.

I like the power delivery but I just can't live with the exhaust note. It's fine when you're driving normally but at tickover it sounds terrible.

I had a meeting at the Holiday Inn today, when I'd parked and got inside folks were asking me if I knew that my exhaust was blowing badly. Not really the image I was hoping to project :eek:

Heh heh .... Mine sounds okay ... Very loud and 'racey' sounding with the HKS Hiper... Although sometimes too loud!!! I could get used to it to be honest though. One thing I have noticed is that my turbo timer now sets itself at twice as long as normal on auto mode. For example, my drive to work normally results in my turbo timer saying 45 seconds or so to 'warm down'. Now, it says at least 1min 30secs for 'warm down'?

Originally posted by Jake

No, apparently it should *improve* fuel consumption.

hiya jake mate, yeah that's what i was gettin at, meant reduce as in use less fuel :D cheers matey :thumbs:

edit: how much of an improvement are we talking about, just roughly if you're drivin "normally", as in half way between cruising and having your foot down?

Went TTC this week. I must say I like it, still deciding whether I can live with the slight loss of low-down. I am still running the clutch in so taking it relatively easy, but I must say when both turbos spool the mid range punch takes your breath away...:flame Dev

Rgds,