The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wanted... cheap laptop

JamieP

I have an ibm t23 p3 1.13ghz,512mb ram 20gb hdd cdrw/dvd spare/extra battery for cd slot,case running windows xp very well it also has rs232 (serial) port £220 plus p&p

Thats a bit to good for what i need, maximum i want to spend is £150, thanks anyhow:)

Guest gzaerojon

hi jamie, i got an old laptop here if you want it? it's nothing special but will run windows 98 and i'm pretty sure it has a serial port too, i'll dig it out and you can grab it sunday :)

Edit: just dug it out, it all fires up ok just needs an operating system, i'll stick windows on it if i get a chance :)

it has a floppy drive, parallel, serial and even a usb and cd rom drive lol

hi jamie, i got an old laptop here if you want it? it's nothing special but will run windows 98 and i'm pretty sure it has a serial port too, i'll dig it out and you can grab it sunday :)

Edit: just dug it out, it all fires up ok just needs an operating system, i'll stick windows on it if i get a chance :)

how much do you want for it

Jamie, here is the spec of the laptop my friend is selling just in case your interested (or anyone else?) Turns out he only wants £150, not £200 so its a very fair price imo.

Here is the spec:

Dell Latitude C610 Laptop

Windows XP (With Service Pack 2)

14.1" TFT Screen

Pentium III 1Ghz

256mb DDR Ram

20GB HDD

24x CD-Rom

16mb ATI Mobility Radeon Graphics Card

Onboard Sound/NIC/Modem (With build in speakers)

Dimensions

Height: 1.4 in

Depth: 9.9 in

Width: 12.5 in

Weight: 4.9 lbs

You the man, see you sunday;)

Guest gzaerojon
You the man, see you sunday;)

i try ;)

i just put windows 2k on it, could do with a bit of memory but it runs ok :)

The aem will work pretty bad on a machine below 1 gig , also most machines more then 4 years old will have battery life of 5-10minutes . i would not waste your money on those ebay units. i got one which i use for the aem, but replacing it with a large machine:

intel 2.7 gig celeron

40 gig hard drive

512 meg memory

15 inch screen

cdrw

modem/network card/sound card

windows xp home.

its got the serial port, but you can use a usb converter quite well providing you drop the baud rate . battery will last between 30 -45 minutes.

The laptop cosmetically is a bit beat up, with oil stains on the keybard and on the silver casing . but it works fine. screen is perfect , just scratches on the area where you lay your palm on .

£200 inc postage. with carry case and charger unit.

Thanks Michel, ive got a power converter from Maplin so hope that will work out ok, James and me was playing with the boost setting a few nights ago with his cheepo mapping laptop and it worked great so hoping one of these will work just the same.

Guest gzaerojon

this laptop all works great, but the battery is fcuked.

i opened it up and it's 10 1.2 volt rechargable batterys soldered in series. i'll pop down the model shop as they sell individual cells, so i can just solder them all up and make it good again.

it'll work fine on an inverter though for now :)

Jamie, if you want... pop down here at some stage or when I see you next, and I'll put a heavily optimised version of win98 on it for you.

Cut out all the crap and just put the basics on, so you can get the best bang out of it for mapping.

this laptop all works great, but the battery is fcuked.

i opened it up and it's 10 1.2 volt rechargable batterys soldered in series. i'll pop down the model shop as they sell individual cells, so i can just solder them all up and make it good again.

it'll work fine on an inverter though for now :)

Buy one of those car charger ones, but does the battery have at least a minute or two of battery just to get over the cranking...

The laptop cosmetically is a bit beat up, with oil stains on the keybard and on the silver casing . but it works fine. screen is perfect , just scratches on the area where you lay your palm on .

£200 inc postage. with carry case and charger unit.

Cling film it, seriously, just make sure you leave the airholes open for the processor cooling.

Jamie, if you want... pop down here at some stage or when I see you next, and I'll put a heavily optimised version of win98 on it for you.

Cut out all the crap and just put the basics on, so you can get the best bang out of it for mapping.

:thumbs:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.