The mkiv Supra Owners Club

stroker kits

scott23

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bijal

The Titan 3.4L stroker kit consists of Crower Crank, Carillo H Beam Rods and CP 87mm Pistons.

Titan's kit have been proven to be able to rev to 9k on supras with supporting mods to the head. this is probably due to some modification to the block and the crank from crower.

The HKS kit has a disclaimer stating it's maximum rev limite should be no more than 7500rpm.

i know Leon went through 2 hks kits and the 1st being over reved. i cant remember the 2nd time what it was? maybe terry might know.

The entire point going 3.4 is to get low down torque, in a race application and turbo charged this is ideal way to go.

A 3.4 stroker kits point is not to be able to rev high but give good acceleration from low speeds upwords. but the titan team have come up with a kit that can rev to 9k and would be good for large singles and small singles.

The Titan kit can rev to 9k and is widely used in the states because they run MASSIVE turbo setups, this tends to become very laggy :D thats why they have come up with a kit that can rev that far in the rev range, cos their large turbo probably comes on line very late in the rev range.

you have to consider that the 3.4 strokers require modification to the block and that means extra cost in precision engineering. there are many othe rminor things to consider to the head also,

for example, if you go with the hks stroker kit, because it has a rev limitation of 7500rpm your head will not require as much work compared to say a stroker kit from titan that can rev to 9k!!! But then you might by a Titan kit and never rev above 7k? which means less work on the head.

many factors that needs to be considered :search:

regards

bijal

been thinkin about this for a while as time has now come to fit my single and inlet and other goodies and car having done 80,000 thought might good time to build engine, plus having my spare auto box being made stronger, i wasnt worryin about puttin more torque through it.

i do drive the car very hard most of the time and the way it sounds that the titan is coming out on top,

does any1 know the start to finish price (est)to fit it as i dont my guy to over charge etc

you have to consider that the 3.4 strokers require modification to the block and that means extra cost in precision engineering. there are many othe rminor things to consider to the head also,

What needs doing to the block ? And what do you need to do to the head to run the higher revs ? Just cams ?

The Titan 3.4L stroker kit consists of Crower Crank, Carillo H Beam Rods and CP 87mm Pistons.

Titan's kit have been proven to be able to rev to 9k on supras with supporting mods to the head. this is probably due to some modification to the block and the crank from crower.

The HKS kit has a disclaimer stating it's maximum rev limite should be no more than 7500rpm.

i know Leon went through 2 hks kits and the 1st being over reved. i cant remember the 2nd time what it was? maybe terry might know.

The entire point going 3.4 is to get low down torque, in a race application and turbo charged this is ideal way to go.

A 3.4 stroker kits point is not to be able to rev high but give good acceleration from low speeds upwords. but the titan team have come up with a kit that can rev to 9k and would be good for large singles and small singles.

The Titan kit can rev to 9k and is widely used in the states because they run MASSIVE turbo setups, this tends to become very laggy :D thats why they have come up with a kit that can rev that far in the rev range, cos their large turbo probably comes on line very late in the rev range.

for example, if you go with the hks stroker kit, because it has a rev limitation of 7500rpm your head will not require as much work compared to say a stroker kit from titan that can rev to 9k!!! But then you might by a Titan kit and never rev above 7k? which means less work on the head.

many factors that needs to be considered :search:

regards

bijal

I have had the hks kit , and now i have the 3.4 Stroker plus the full race head from Titan . The car pulls thru 2nd and 3rd like hell:d

Guest Terry S
I take the crankshaft is giving the longer stroke allowing the pistons/cylinders to remain the same size. Does that mean the machining work on the block is for clearancing the longer stroke?

the bores are increased to 87mm, but the block height stays the same, that is where the custom rods & psitons come in.

Kean runs a Titan kit in his 7 second car with no problems.

According to MVP, Boost Logic (Kean Wang) runs the brian crower kit.?!?!

Just thought i'd throw in some specs aswell

The most cost effective stroker kit on the 2JZ market! This kit is rated to 9,500 RPM's and 1300hp.

This is the same exact kit being used by Boost Logic's 7 second Supra!

BC 4340 billet steel crankshaft (94mm stroke).

BC 4340 Pro Series steel billet connecting rods with ARP 220,000 psi fasteners.

CP aluminum forged pistons (any bore size, any compression ratio).

9310 nickel carbon steel alloy wrist pins.

Ductile iron plasma top rings, tapered second ring, low tension oil rings.

Typically includes aluminum buttons/rail supports (not locks).

Fully system balanced and ready to install.

86mm Bore x 86mm Stroke - 8.620" Block Height

Guest Terry S

The most cost effective stroker kit on the 2JZ market! This kit is rated to 9,500 RPM's and 1300hp.

Titan use a Crower crank. Kean's car IIRC runs Carrillos & custom CP's. He buys buys the bits via Titan and has the assembly done to his specs.

Maybe he has changed his specs, I will check.

Guest Terry S

Just checked the car definitely runs Carrillo rods. BL don't buy from Titan anymore, they buy from Crower, then add Carrillos and their own custom CP Pistons.

Guest Terry S

Also I really should add that there is a very expensive head bolted onto that block and that the block has had some pretty special things done to it to strengthen it. You really wouldnt want to go and bolt a stock head on that block and try and rev it to 9500 rpm!

Christ! I'd rather go undersquare on the stroke and >10,000 rpm if it can take those piston speeds.