The mkiv Supra Owners Club

stroker kits

scott23

hi peeps , ive been reading and watching clips from over the pond that are using stroker kits and was wondering how much the cost were to fit these kits????

if there is any1 out there who has had this fitted wat was the cost/time etc and did it make a huge difference????

And who can supply the cheapest been quoted so far 5000+vat for the hks , can any1 recommand sommit better or just as good

b good to hear peoples views

cheers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Titan make the best stroker kit.

I've experienced the quality first hand of HKS, Titan & Crower kits and I know which one I'd use. The JUN is also very good but is extremely expensive.

I'd happily sell you the HKS one, but if you snap a rod for example, you cannot buy individual components.

Titan kits are a shade under £6k all in.

Regards,

Gaz.

There are NO downsides to fitting a stroker....other than the cost.

If you can afford it and want it the extra 10% Cubic Capacity should be extremely nice to drive.

I'd love to see what a small single and a 3.4 Stroker can do :) I don't subscribe to the you must be wanting to make xxxxbhp to use one...extra CC's are always good.

If the cost (about 4.5k + fitting for the crower kit isn't it?) is ok by you then I'd do it. :)

The kits have been proven to over 9,000rpm...but to run that you need to have a built head too.

EDIT - agreed on Titan making the best one, though I think it uses the Crower crank.

Guest Terry S

FYI guys Leon Green has trashed 2 x HKS Stroker engines in his. Kean runs a Titan kit in his 7 second car with no problems.

Read into that what you will.

Guest Terry S
comments on the differences if I was going to have the engine built anyway? Can't see that there were would be a big difference financially

What about the new steel crank ;)

There are NO downsides to fitting a stroker....other than the cost.

If you can afford it and want it the extra 10% Cubic Capacity should be extremely nice to drive.

I'd love to see what a small single and a 3.4 Stroker can do :) I don't subscribe to the you must be wanting to make xxxxbhp to use one...extra CC's are always good.

If the cost (about 4.5k + fitting for the crower kit isn't it?) is ok by you then I'd do it. :)

The kits have been proven to over 9,000rpm...but to run that you need to have a built head too.

EDIT - agreed on Titan making the best one, though I think it uses the Crower crank.

I didnt mean that there would be no gains. I just meant that the gains you get would probably be easier and cheaper to get by going another route, other than the stroker kit.

But then, bigger is not always better... IE. For the imprezas, the 2.5l seems to be the most common option these days, but all of the fastest ones run a 2.33l stroker kit. This might be set to change in the future though...

But then, bigger is not always better... IE. For the imprezas, the 2.5l seems to be the most common option these days, but all of the fastest ones run a 2.33l stroker kit. This might be set to change in the future though...

There will be a reason why the 2.5 isn't working well enough - weight/airflow/etc...

The 3.4L strokers all use lighter than stock parts on the Supra....but the head will need better breathing via cams at the very least (256in/264ex min)

There will be a reason why the 2.5 isn't working well enough - weight/airflow/etc...

The 3.4L strokers all use lighter than stock parts on the Supra....but the head will need better breathing via cams at the very least (256in/264ex min)

Maybe the reason is that the 2.5l hasnt been around that long for those cars. 2l has been around for ages. Who knows what the future holds...

Any idea how much lighter?

If you are serious about one I could get one built in the UK, for probably a LOT less than the figures for an imported kit.

Hmmm, interesting. I had been looking at the Crower kit, but may have to rethink. My single isn't a big one, but I'm dead chuffed with it - spools really well and performs well. I wouldn't want anything bigger. With a built engine, I could run higher boost but depends on the efficiencies of my turbo once at higher revs and boost.

Definitely interested in a 3.4, so probable project for next winter ;)