The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dental ceramics

Chiefgroover

Many many many moons ago I think my Auntie was quoted 24k for a full set :) (apparently that was a good price too) - those were the individual teeth tapped and screwed into the jaw with special set fittings (sounded awful to me).

Apparently venires are a slightly cheaper option ?? /shrug - I have no idea, trying to hang on to mine as long as possible!

Vicky got a fullly made ceramic front gnasher which should have cost £700, but because she was entitled to free dental treatment (after having our daughter) they subsidised it against an NHS one (made of ceramic but with a metal plate in it). I think she only paid about £300 in the end.

The metal ones didn't look as nice as you can see a silhouette of the metal if you look carefully. Whereas the pure ceramic ones are flawless. I moaned at the time about getting it, but I think it was worth the money. As she feels so much better having this one.

If it is a molar then it is a little trickier than an incisor implant so I'd expect to see it at the top end of that price band. £2k sounds about right to me - I forked out £800 to have a root canal drilled out, extended and replaced!

Vicky got a fullly made ceramic front gnasher which should have cost £700, but because she was entitled to free dental treatment (after having our daughter) they subsidised it against an NHS one (made of ceramic but with a metal plate in it). I think she only paid about £300 in the end.

700 quid!!! what a joke!! a procera ceramic, which is top end spec retails at 530 at our practice and you cant get any better material than it.

we make PBM crowns (what your wife had) for 360 PRIVATE, which is superior quality porcelain . So you were given an NHS quality crown for 300 quid??, I must be working in the wrong area. so not much subsidy at your practice lol.