The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 Facelift 5 Speed NA

DaveK

Pics Added.....

I am considering selling my (shortly owned) Supra and buying a second 911 as a daily car.

It's a 97/P facelift model, not sure if it's RSPB but it's basically dark blue (bit of a purple tinge to it), 5 speed manual.

Current mileage is 70K. FSH.

Car is totally stock.

I've owned it since October and in that time I've :

Had alignment done.

Service at Phoenix

Two new front tyres

Refurbed front brake calipers

New rear shocks.

The car is also booked at Phoenix at the end of March for another service (6K oil change), new MOT and to have the diff mounts replaced to cure the nervous rear end. Tax will also be replaced at the end of March (12 months).

If there is any interest I will add photos but won't be able to do that until the weekend.

I paid £6300 for it, and since it will come with two new front tyres, just serviced, new MOT and 12 months tax I'm looking for the same kind of money.

I'm sure you won't have a problem shifting it. Would you not consider a TT?

It's not really the speed that's the problem - I'm happy with the NA power. It's a combination of the fact that I find it a pretty big car, and yet impractical (rear seat space) - and if I'm going to have an impractical car I'd rather have a smaller one. And the fact that my g/f hates it.

It's not really the speed that's the problem - I'm happy with the NA power. It's a combination of the fact that I find it a pretty big car, and yet impractical (rear seat space) - and if I'm going to have an impractical car I'd rather have a smaller one. And the fact that my g/f hates it.

You're right Dave, the Supra is absolutely useless from a practicality point of view. We are lucky we have 2 other cars that are pretty good on space.

The wife is also getting apeople carrier next :) The fact that your g/f hates it is a big consideration too.

I would normally try to persuade you to keep the Supe but the fact you are going to the only other car i love is the reason i agreed!;)

Good luck with the sale!!

H.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.