The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking about a 2003 Nobel M12 GTOR

ManwithSupra

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh i dont know what to do,

I think i need to test drive one really but no one is willing for me to do that unless i am going to put a deposit on the car in order to buy one !

I think Everyman racing days at Mallory park have a Noble which you could take out for a spin and have a track day.

Whatever people say about them, I like them, but they are just a bit over priced for what you get.

This year I decided to put a bit of money into my Supra as opposed to buying a Noble. It was a close call actually.

I have driven an M12-3R and an M400, but not at track speeds. But even from the road experience I can tell its a much faster car than a Supra. Maybe not in terms of top speed but in acceleration, braking and corner speed. (Unless you've done serious mods to a Supra of course).

For me to sell my Supra it would have to be the M400. As the Noble compromises in other areas such as interior, toys, luggage space, range, price etc.

Saw one of these fly round Donington yesterday and it certainly didn't look that quick. Mike B's single gave him a bashing for certain and the Evo was hot o this guys heels too.

I've been in a GT03R and Mike's car and while there is not a lot in it in a straight line, the Noble eats it on the brakes and corners.

If anyone sees a M400 at Bedford Autodrome with a driver answering to the name of Justin, be cheeky and ask him for a passenger hot-lap, he is very, very talented and gets the most out of his cars with plenty of track experiance.

Im not sure that i want to test it on a track i want to see what its like on the normal roads first etc, then i want to see what its like on the track, i am still in two minds about the reliability of the engine i dont want to spend £35k+ on a second hand one if its going to cost me ££££'s in repair bills.

I love the supe perhaps i should spend the £20k on that, but then i will loose that money when i want to resell....mind you the amount the nobles devalues is not great.

I think i will have to test drive a noble first then decide from there like i said its not going to be until late this year or early next year so plenty of time to find out all the info i know...

Guest Nicholas

You don't buy a car like that for the re-sale value, you buy it to enjoy just like the supra.

Mine owes me 19k will I see that when I sell her? no chance :)

Interesting thread so far and I have learnt loads on the Noble cars.

All I know on the car is from a pal of mine who has spent a fortune in getting bits of it repaired due to breakages etc.

Yes, he has tracked it a few times but I'm unsure of the problems that have knocked him for a fair fee thousand pounds.

Originally Posted by veilsideTT

Re-badged mondeo!

Erm....:wtf:

Its made up of ford mondeo parts!

Only the bog basic block is carried over from the Mondeo ST220. 6spd on the GT03R too.

And the wing mirrors, door handles, indicator/Lights/wiper stalks, i recall the dash pod is out a ford too.

Look closer! its a mondeo! honest :p

Its made up of ford mondeo parts!

And the wing mirrors, door handles, indicator/Lights/wiper stalks, i recall the dash pod is out a ford too.

Look closer! its a mondeo! honest :p

Go and buy a mondeo V6 from a scrappy, and build a Nobel then- lets see how far you get. Personaly I think you'll be about 95% short on parts....