The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any reviews on the Nokia N95?

DannoSupra

im thinking of getting this beast, i got/had an N90. its had its final drop, main screen is now inoperative! hehe

got a Motorola Razor, the MK1. Rubbish!!!

so in the mean time im getting a N73, due for an upgrade end of march, phone people said i can borrow the N73 see what i think of it. If i like it, i'll keep it. But the N95, looks good!

• 1 month later...

I got my free upgrade to an N95 yesterday from Orange. After changing back to the default theme (from the Orange one) it looks pretty good.

I'm disappointed that Nokia have locked out the Active Standby Plugins, which means I can't have new emails showing on the standby screen, although it does show the Calendar.

I have had to pay (or will, still on 30 day trial) $50 for Roadsync, which uses Exchange ActiveSync to synchronise my calendar, inbox etc to my Exchange server account. I don't mind paying this, although it's yet another case of Nokia locking-out features from the N-series phones, so that their E-series phones are more suitable for business use - point being that on the E70 I use Nokia's free Mail for Exchange app to do all this. I don't mind paying the $50, and Roadsync does a better job anyway of dealing with different access points (can use WLAN in the house without having to reconfigure everything), but I am seriously fucked off about the Active Standby plugins issue.

Movie recording is good (surprisingly good).

I have a feeling Orange don't have any HSDPA infrastructure in place, but 3G is good-ish-enough for me for now anyway.

TomTom 6 works, but it doesn't detect/see the integrated GPS device, so for now I'll still have to use the Bluetooth GPS device that I used on the E70, so that sort of defeats the point of getting it for its GPS abilities. Nokia's 'maps' app looks ok, but it's more drawn-out when it comes to navigating to a destination, and you have to pay if you want actual turn-by-turn navigation.

Screen, although poor resolutions compared to my E70, which had/has unbelievable resolution (pin sharp), is very bright and appreciably large.

The system seems much faster all round than my E70 - everything is quicker. I guess this unit has a faster CPU.

Did I say I was really pissed off about the active plugins lockout? I am.

yoyoyoyoyooyoyoyo wats happaninnnnn, the weather is so good...

My friend got a N95 free as part of a £50 a month contract, I saw it yesturday it really is a great phone, its noticably light,especially compared to my N73...Its got a quality 5mp camera, but u wont see that quality until u transfer the pics onto a pc as the phones screen is standard....Video quality is meant to be DVD quality so :):).....It comes with built in gps software and wireless lan...I was playing around with it its a kool phone...

However with all new Nokia smartphones it is a bit slow..especially the menu and that...however u kind of get used to it after a while...