The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP! - Heat, smoke & bad noise!

Grazer

Just got the pressure test done which nicely demonstrated water/coolant pissing out of the water pump at an alarming rate :thumbs:

If you'd told me a few days ago my water pump was going to break I would have been pissed off, but compared to other possiblities it's a relief!

Originally posted by Grazer

If you'd told me a few days ago my water pump was going to break I would have been pissed off, but compared to other possiblities it's a relief!

I bet!

I know how relieved you must be, I was similarly happy when I found out my rad had cracked.

As you say, you've had a result there mate, could've been much worse.

Mind you, changing the water pump doesn't look like a walk in the park either from what I could see when i was thinking of changing my stat.

The guy in the local garage said he'd fit it for about £60 - sounds reasonable to me. I'm still not sure which bit is the water pump :eek: :p

Am I right in thinking the pump is about £60?

£60! Blimey I wouldn't want to do it for £60.

The guy in the local garage said he'd fit it for about £60 - sounds reasonable to me. I'm still not sure which bit is the water pump :eek: :p

Am I right in thinking the pump is about £60?

Buy a cambelt and get him to shove that on at the same time cause he has to take it off to do the pump and dont forget to buy the O ring that goes between the housing and the block behind the pump !!!! :sly:

Dude:flame Dev

sorry.. my stupidity.

There was a thread on here yesterday where the pound sign didn't display properly among other things, because it was posted using UTF-8 encoding but the page didn't specify it.

When I read this thread the "£60" looked like a funny triangle but it turns out I had set my browser for Chinese Simplified when I was messing yesterday :-)

Originally posted by dude

Buy a cambelt and get him to shove that on at the same time cause he has to take it off to do the pump and dont forget to buy the O ring that goes between the housing and the block behind the pump !!!! :sly:

Cambelt replaced last year. I take it this O ring wont come with the pump then? Where would I get it - toyota?

• 3 weeks later...

Well that's me sorted:

Water pump £120.00 approx

Timing belt £28.30

Labour £401.25

Total £564.50 :eek:

Oh well, I suppose it's worth it! They charged for 10hours labour as this gave the price that Toyota had quoted - although they said it took them about 16hours.

If anything else goes wrong this year I may have to say bye bye :eek:

Well that's me sorted:

Water pump £120.00 approx

Timing belt £28.30

Labour £401.25

Total £564.50 :eek:

Oh well, I suppose it's worth it! They charged for 10hours labour as this gave the price that Toyota had quoted - although they said it took them about 16hours.

If anything else goes wrong this year I may have to say bye bye :eek:

£400 labour??? I had a cambelt done with a full service and brake pads replaced on the front for £360 all in. That water pump must be a right git to take off:(

Plus if you have spent that much cash on it recently you will have to protect ur investment with a bit more lol. Thats the theory i used on me busted Omega