The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interested in claiming back bank charges for last 6 years?

paul ashton

Guest gzaerojon
i'm gonna do this, abbey must ow me 1000's 4k at least i bet

i think the max is 2k, but i might be wrong? end of the day if they owe it they owe it, shouldn't matter how much it is

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest gzaerojon

hi guys, i'm just after a little more advice please :)

i just got a letter from hsbc after i turned down there offer.

it reads

further to your recent letter requesting a refund of your bank charges, we have been advised that you have now registered your claim with the courts.

This matter is now being handled by our solicitors and you will recieve all future correspondence directly from them

Thank you for taking the time to write

yours sincerely

Mark Loker

Service manager

the thing is i have not registered the claim with the courts :blink:

any advice anyone can give would be welcome :)

I heard that Lloyds TSB won a case against someone who claimed lots (£4k plus) but I haven't heard that they are stopping the payouts or that the law has been changed. I sincerely hope not as I could do with a single turbo :)

well, yes that'll be case law now and they will use it every time.

not necessarily. I imagine that each case is different due to the nature of the claims; and I don't know the in's and out's of the case mentioned. I mean they could have claimed for charges that are justifiable by the bank, hense the court will rule in the banks favour. I don't think anything has been actually ruled as yet.

Guest gzaerojon

the thing is i have not registered the claim with the courts :blink:

i just got off the phone to the service management team, the reason they said it had been registered with the courts is that i stated in my last letter that if they don't respond within 7 days that i will start court action.

that's why they passed it to there solicitors :( oh bugger, i forgot about that :innocent:

they did say there original offer of £760 odd still stands

not necessarily. I imagine that each case is different due to the nature of the claims; and I don't know the in's and out's of the case mentioned. I mean they could have claimed for charges that are justifiable by the bank, hense the court will rule in the banks favour. I don't think anything has been actually ruled as yet.

not necessarily no, but most likely!!

IMHO it's all a load of rubbish anyway, everyone signed the t's and c's so I am at a loss as to how anyone can claim anything back.

Not that I wouldn't try it if it was me :)

i just got off the phone to the service management team, the reason they said it had been registered with the courts is that i stated in my last letter that if they don't respond within 7 days that i will start court action.

that's why they passed it to there solicitors :( oh bugger, i forgot about that :innocent:

they did say there original offer of £760 odd still stands

you see? they know you're not serious. they are calling your bluff.

Guest gzaerojon
you see? they know you're not serious. they are calling your bluff.

and i'll be calling theres ;) i'm off to court tomorrow to get a summons form/issue a summons (never done this before:innocent: ) so we'll see what happens :)

i've been known to cut off my nose to spite my face sometimes, so i'll follow it all the way through if needs be, it's wound me up so much. It's all or nothing and they can stick there offer :D

Thats not true, the court case that was won by the bank. Took place in a county court and has no hold on law :)

Claiming back £700 for Gf.

Abbey offered her £150 as a fee to settle, so sent them a letter that wouldnt be accepting this and they said we can still proceed and keep the £150 as a good will gesture...hmmmmm

IMHO it's all a load of rubbish anyway, everyone signed the t's and c's so I am at a loss as to how anyone can claim anything back.

Basically it's illegal for anyone to profit from a "penalty" charge.

£30 to send a letter out is making profit.

Hence why they just drag each case out as long as possible, even putting in a defence when you put in a case against them. But when it actually comes to the court date they decide not to show.

The one time someone lost is when he turned up to court completely unprepared no paper work to back his claim, the judge questioned him, he had no answers, so threw the claim out.

I've handed my case over to a solicitors as my bank put in a defence against my claim.

Sorry to keep this thread going.

I've been following the whole process from moneysavingexpert.com. Now i've actually put the claim in with the courts, what happens next? Do i just wait to hear what the banks responce is? Has anyone got to this stage before?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gzaerojon
bit of a resurrection just got my result in, £603 paid in by the bank i only asked for £440 with interest added on it came to £530 i think i must of missed something out :D

well played :clap:

HSBC have passed my claim over to there solicitors now and won't comunicate with me further

i've just gathered up all my paperwork and i'll be issuing a summons this week :)

i just got £1400 from barclays and didnt even have to send one letter lol, large result, took them ages to send my statements so i grumbled about it and before i know it i was speaking to the manager who knew why i was requesting them and he said he will process the claim for me! Got my statements then 2weeks after had a letter saying will i accpet £1400, and if so sign the letter send it back and it will be paid in 10days..

:D

well played :clap:

HSBC have passed my claim over to there solicitors now and won't comunicate with me further

i've just gathered up all my paperwork and i'll be issuing a summons this week :)

christ what the hell have your letters and phone calls been going like? the wife got 1700 from hsbc no hassle

i am going to be a total cheeky git and phone up tomorrow and ask for the £30 they took from me last month for going 2p over my limit for 2days but i guess you can see why i am abit peeved with them for that

Guest gzaerojon
christ what the hell have your letters and phone calls been going like? the wife got 1700 from hsbc no hassle

i am going to be a total cheeky git and phone up tomorrow and ask for the £30 they took from me last month for going 2p over my limit for 2days but i guess you can see why i am abit peeved with them for that

i thought they were going ok, but in the last letter i gave them 7 days to respond, they just left it and assumed i would go to court.... so i am ;)

i went over by 7p last month followed by £10

so that's £10.07p for 3 days being over and they charged me £50 (£25+£25)

Guest gzaerojon
give them a phone and give them a chance to explain them selves they will buckle trust me

did that, they just keep saying they cannot discuss details of my claim as it is being dealt with by there solicitor :(

it's like a stuck record