The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interested in claiming back bank charges for last 6 years?

paul ashton

I got a letter saying that the bank has refunded £750 to my account (which is what I asked for in the letter).

This was after only one letter! I didn't even have to threaten them with legal action! The letter is very well worded though... they're not admitting that the charges are wrong, but will refund the money to me as a "Goodwill Gesture" :D

might need to see the letter you sent them, my over all charges are £440 and with the interest added on takes it to 541 so need to see what they say about that i am with Lloyds TSB

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gzaerojon
I got a letter saying that the bank has refunded £750 to my account (which is what I asked for in the letter).

This was after only one letter! I didn't even have to threaten them with legal action! The letter is very well worded though... they're not admitting that the charges are wrong, but will refund the money to me as a "Goodwill Gesture" :D

Good luck to everyone else who's trying this;)

good on you :thumbs:

i'm still waiting for a response from HSBC on mine :( they have received my letter but they say it will take a while as they have many to deal with, not sure if i should keep on at them or wait for them to respond :search:

i have over 1K to come, not including another £125 due to be anned this month.... b@st@rds :blink:

Good luck to everyone else who's trying this;)

what was in your letter to the bank and which bank was it???? as im about to do mine

Guest gzaerojon
did it work jon ? and did they close your account ?

not sure yet as i'm still waiting for a response, i might chase them up with a phone call or second letter soon

i did hear they can close my account, but i have another one on standby ;)

Guest gzaerojon
Well I've finally got all 6 years worth of statements and... £2161.50!!!

That'll get some new wheels for the car if it comes in :)

i hate you sooo much :p

im still waiting for mine :( who do/did you bank with?

Guest gzaerojon
lol - Hate me when I get the ££!...

I'm with LLoyds, they messed me about getting the statements, but I got them in the end...

i have over 1k due from hsbc, i might ring them tomorrow and kick em up the ass

failing that i'll invest in a solicitors letter :sly:

has anyone else got a result with hsbc? and how long did it take?

Guest gzaerojon
I did Jon, took about 2 months, I filed with the court and they paid up just before it actually went to court.. Was quite simple really.

nice one :) i think i'd better do that, it did say on the website i looked at that some banks are more difficult than others, HSBC must be one of them.

i'll get straight on it :)

I've got my 2nd letter all printed and ready to post :) - I'll take my statements into work and double check my list of charges to make sure I've got it all right, then get it sent recorded delivery tomorrow afternoon :)

Guest gzaerojon
I've got my 2nd letter all printed and ready to post :) - I'll take my statements into work and double check my list of charges to make sure I've got it all right, then get it sent recorded delivery tomorrow afternoon :)

did you work out the interest on them?

Yeah, it's about an extra £400... I'm putting that in the letter that I'm claiming for that too (I know it doesn't hold any weight before court, but it'll give the bank something to 'knock me down on', and if it means I get the £2.1k easilly then I'll let it go)...

Guest gzaerojon
Yeah, it's about an extra £400... I'm putting that in the letter that I'm claiming for that too (I know it doesn't hold any weight before court, but it'll give the bank something to 'knock me down on', and if it means I get the £2.1k easilly then I'll let it go)...

it's well worth a try :) i added interest to mine, works out a fair bit more

Right, i sent my initail letter for statements, got them 5 days later free of charge, then sent a letter requesting all charges back and gave them 14 days- i got no reply and emessaged them via online banking, got a reply straight away saying a letter got sent a week earlier asking for a charges summary. Asi hadnt recieved a reply or the funds i sent a letter with the summary and threatening court action- 7 days to reply, on the final day i recieved the first letter from them. I emessaged again and got told it was on priority. A few days later i emessaged again- it was on priority, this is a computer generated standard email from them, so i rung up, by this time it had been 14 days after i sent the second letter requesting the charges even though i only requested they reply in 7. They told me they have up to 8 weeks to reply and in that time they would sent me a letter saying they were looking at the case. But after chatting to the guys on http://www.consumercorner.co.uk i realised i was being stalled. So i filled the claim.

If you do get confused or dont know what to do next just put a post on their forum as someone replies really quick with help.