The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interested in claiming back bank charges for last 6 years?

paul ashton

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im with hsbc, i sent a letter asking for them then rung up 2 days later they said they hadnt recieved it but then she said she could order them there and then for me but they might come through in dribs and drabs and take up to 40 days, she was really nice. I have now sent the claim in and they have 12 days to reply now :) i am curious to see what the reply will be!

POT - who did you make your £10 cheque payable to? NATWAST BANK?? thats what I did.

Yes, my housemate's gone in with a £5 and now paid over the counter, they haven't cashed or returned the cheque though :(

On another note, my claim with Lloyds seems to be progressing, they sent me a letter this week saying I would soon recieve statements from 01/09/01 although I requested them from the 12/02/01, so I'm nagging them for the rest, but on Friday the postman delivered 41 letters for me, each month in a seperate envelope, each with a covering letter, what a waste!...

Seems there're some gaps in there though so I'll wait and see if any more turn up before I nag and point out their faliure to comply properly with my instructions...

It was about 30 days until I got the letter saying they were sending them so hopefully you'll get something soon... I'm wondering though if the fact they're only sending me part of the statements is some sort of time wasting ploy?...

I don't have a scanner, so here's how it goes...

Dated 12/03/01 (That's not a typo) (Request sent 12/02/07)

Following your request for copies of statements on your account to enable you to reconcile your bank charges, I have today ordered statements going back to the date you opened your account or 1st September 2001, whichever date is most recent.

These will be sent to you within the next five days and you may recieve multiple envelopes depending on the quantity and period you have requested.

The fee of £10 for this service has been taken accordingly.

You may now wish to proceed with your claim for reimbursement of charges, but, if you do feel you need further statements, this will take longer to access our archived data. Please let me know by returning this letter in the attached pre-paid envelope and I will order them for you.

Under the terms of the Data Protection Act, we are allowed up to 40 days to fulfill your request.

Yours sincerely

Copy Statement Unit

It was obviously a prefabricated letter, as the date, my name, account number and sort code were handwritted, with no signature. I'm going back to them asking why they haven't fulfilled my request for statements from 12/02/01 and to ask for a letter with the correct date on.

ive just got off the phone to my buisness bank manager at lloyds and he has been dead right about claiming back the charges and hes even sorting any charges for the business account. Ill probably get £60 back, but still its nearly a tank of petrol. :)

thanks for the info all

I don't have a scanner, so here's how it goes...

Dated 12/03/01 (That's not a typo) (Request sent 12/02/07)

Following your request for copies of statements on your account to enable you to reconcile your bank charges, I have today ordered statements going back to the date you opened your account or 1st September 2001, whichever date is most recent.

These will be sent to you within the next five days and you may recieve multiple envelopes depending on the quantity and period you have requested.

The fee of £10 for this service has been taken accordingly.

You may now wish to proceed with your claim for reimbursement of charges, but, if you do feel you need further statements, this will take longer to access our archived data. Please let me know by returning this letter in the attached pre-paid envelope and I will order them for you.

Under the terms of the Data Protection Act, we are allowed up to 40 days to fulfill your request.

Yours sincerely

Copy Statement Unit

It was obviously a prefabricated letter, as the date, my name, account number and sort code were handwritted, with no signature. I'm going back to them asking why they haven't fulfilled my request for statements from 12/02/01 and to ask for a letter with the correct date on.

Thats exactly the same letter I received today, I have added all of my charges up and it comes to £701.97 + interest. I have sent my second letter off today asking for that money back.

Thats exactly the same letter I received today, I have added all of my charges up and it comes to £701.97 + interest. I have sent my second letter off today asking for that money back.

Without delving into your accounts, how have the charges got the extra £1.97?... Mine are all £30 and so on, exact figures, are you also using overdraft interest? Can this be done?... (As that's another £9ish a month!)...

so just to get this right, as i may give it a go,

phone them up and ask for all your statements however long you have banked with them.. or write a letter if you have to..

then when you get them, go through them all and make a note of all the charges they have made against you..

add them up, and then send that letter the Paul E posted up with that amount, give them 14 days and see what happens?

have i missed anything?

so just to get this right, as i may give it a go,

Give it a go, the way it is at the moment, it's 'free money', yes cash you've already paid out, but you thought it was gone, this'll get it back for you...

phone them up and ask for all your statements however long you have banked with them.. or write a letter if you have to..

Don't phone them, do everything in writing, and if possible, go for recorded delivery (Only £1 for a letter), makes you as watertight as a goldfish bowl :)

then when you get them, go through them all and make a note of all the charges they have made against you..

add them up, and then send that letter the Paul E posted up with that amount, give them 14 days and see what happens?

have i missed anything?

You're going along the right lines, check out http://www.consumercorner.co.uk, the website doesn't look too pretty, but once you get your head around it, it's the all of the letter templates, and info you need (As the bank will be a sneaky cunning cnut to you after the media attention they've had)...

I got a letter saying that the bank has refunded £750 to my account (which is what I asked for in the letter).

This was after only one letter! I didn't even have to threaten them with legal action! The letter is very well worded though... they're not admitting that the charges are wrong, but will refund the money to me as a "Goodwill Gesture" :D

Good luck to everyone else who's trying this;)