The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interested in claiming back bank charges for last 6 years?

paul ashton

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gzaerojon
the wife got a letter today and they are giving her the whole lot back BUT they want to charge her £75 or something for it

who does she bank with?

Gott my first letter from Abbey on Thursday saying they will be sending them out shortly. So let me get this right. They fine me in the first place because they have to send a letter out to say a payment couldn't be taken, but they don't mind send me a letter to pre warn me they are sending another??? WTF?????

They even want to charge her for giving it back? Cheeky bastards! :no:

opps no got that wrong just phoned up my mother in law and seen what that was about and it was because she extended her overdraft to accomodate her being overdrawn so they are saying she accepted the charge terms for that one charge, but it looks like she is getting the lot back and if she had of included the interest she would of got £1700, but now she has done the letter and they have gave her a final offer it looks like she will have to go to court for the interest, they have just held there hands up for the charges so just remember to add the interest in in your list of charges

who does she bank with?

HSBC

give them 14 days then send them another letter telling them they have 14 days from that date and add on the interest then on the 14th day of the second letter phone them and the will probibly give you some stalling answer tell them they have a week to sort it then file a court claim

[Your address]

[Date]

[bank’s address]

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref: account number: [your account number]

I understand that the charges applied to my account in relation to the following [enter details of what charges were for] are unlawful.

When I opened my account I entered into a contract with you, at which time you agreed to act lawfully. The fees you have been applying to my account in relation to the above are unlawful under Common Law, Statute and consumer regulations.

You have taken [enter charges amount here] from me, plus the following in [enter overdraft interest amount here] overdraft interest and I would like to request repayment of this [enter total sum] total sum. I also ask you to ensure any default notices entered against my credit record are removed entirely.

Please repay this money in full and remove any default notices within 14 days. If this is not done, I will begin a claim against you for the full amount, plus interest and my costs.

Yours faithfully,

[Your signature]

Guest gzaerojon

ok guys, i got my letter (finally :rolleyes:) from HSBC, they don't want to know about the charges i added so that knocks it down to £996 in charges

here's the part of the letter, and i quote

"We are, however mindful of the management time and irrecoverable legal costs that may be incurred in relation to such a claim. For those commercial reasons alone and without any admission of liability whatsoever, we are prepared to make a payment to you for the sum of £764.00 in full and final settlement of this matter."

hmm not really sure if they're just trying to bullsh!t there way out of the full amount, but i am tempted

has anyone else had a letter like this? and what did you do?

Guest gzaerojon

right i sent a letter off yesterday telling them they can go forth and multiply (or words to that effect) I'll update this thread when i here back from them :)

OK, need some advice please. What exactly CAN i claim back and what CAN'T i claim back??

Total Cleared Transaction Charges

Total Unpaid Direct Debit Charges

Total Unauthorised Overdraft Fee's

Can i cliam for all 3 of the above??

Also it's 5 years isn't it?? Abbey have messed me about and sent out my last 13 months of statements. Then they took ages and today i got a letter stateing the above charges going baack to Jan 04. The accompaning letter said they were sorry for the delay and i could have my £10 back :clap: but that if i was a customer before 2004 (which i am) it will take a little longer. Think they're just drawing it out now :(

Guest gzaerojon
Bugger It's been closed :(

I'm pretty sure you claim for those James, just look out for the charges that have a set fee (£25, £30 etc) as long as it is a charge that doesn't reflect a true figure to what it actually cost the bank then claim for it ;)