The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interested in claiming back bank charges for last 6 years?

paul ashton

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get the intrest they owe you too Pete which add's it all up. I think the link i posted has a calcultor to work out the intrest for you.

It's a very interesting site. Had a good old nosey around.

Sadly I'm already in the correct Council Tax Band, I haven't had any bank charges (I AM good), My breakdown cover is already about as cheap as it'll get, my gym membership is only £30, so I could technically save a fiver a month for six months with the health policy, (but I can't be arsed), and my car insurance is nailed right down.

The mortgage final payment thing might be a winner though. :D

I sent my 1st letter off to Lloyds on the 12th, and one for my mate for her Halifax account, I'm still waiting for the statements to come through so I can start counting...

AFAIK - You can only claim for interest if the case goes to court, I may be wrong, but I haven't heard of any banks going that far yet...

They're not allowed to drop you as a customer, or impose conditions as part of the agreement to give you back the money, however, if they say my overdraft's cancelled, I won't say no as that's what I'll be doing anyway :)

You can claim for interest as soon as the 14 days are over from the letter of action. I did and just before it went to court, HSBC settled the sum in full, including the costs I had entered in to for taking it to court and around £600 in interest that I had calculated.

Almost worth hoping they don't reply straight away, you get more ;)

You can claim for interest as soon as the 14 days are over from the letter of action. I did and just before it went to court, HSBC settled the sum in full, including the costs I had entered in to for taking it to court and around £600 in interest that I had calculated.

Almost worth hoping they don't reply straight away, you get more ;)

Ah, could that be in the way of 'Once the 14 days are up I'm going to court, and thus can add the interest?' so you don't actually have to appear to get the extra ££?

I've started off with the data protection request for 6 years worth of statements, but in the letter it basically states that my wish is to pursue a claim for charges...

That's their letter I'm using!... I'm yet to get active on the forum, but I've been doing some reading on there, I'll certainly be getting active if I have to, I'll have enough there to get myself out of the red so that's a big incentive!...

Considering the thousands and thousands of people who have so far claimed and not one has actually got to the point of going to court, I don't think people have much to worry about.

I think the banks would have stood up to it by now if they could. I'm one case that cost them £4.5k, by now the amounts claimed back must be starting to hurt. Yet, this still cough up..