The mkiv Supra Owners Club

offshore work?

lambertpig

does/has anybody here worked in the north sea oil/gas industry. i need a life change as have done the same thing for 20 years and cant see myself doing it another 20. i am 40 in april and if i dont do it now i probrobly never will. i am self employed and it pays well but i can never move/emigrate or take much holiday as small businesses are such a tie.want to give myself some options.have been thinking this for last 10 years(my twin brother is a driller out there and loves it).this year i am serious to the point of having taken my offshore survival training(last week)just need to sort staff issues out at my business then i am ready to go.any thoughts??

Hi Mate,

I work offshore. I am currently on a platform in the Southern sector approaching the end of my 1st week of 3 (Why oh why did I agree to it?!!!)

I have been working offshore for the past couple of years but it is difficult to break into without experiance (To get a decent rate anyway). I work as a rope access NDT technician but have been involved in inspection for the past 10 years.

Never too old to make the change buddy, but unless you hasve a trade it will be harder to get that start.

http://www.rigg-access.com might give you some ideas.

Good luck and feel free to drop me a line if you like...

Hi Mate,

I work offshore. I am currently on a platform in the Southern sector approaching the end of my 1st week of 3 (Why oh why did I agree to it?!!!)

I have been working offshore for the past couple of years but it is difficult to break into without experiance (To get a decent rate anyway). I work as a rope access NDT technician but have been involved in inspection for the past 10 years.

Never too old to make the change buddy, but unless you hasve a trade it will be harder to get that start.

http://www.rigg-access.com might give you some ideas.

Good luck and feel free to drop me a line if you like...

cheers for the advice. i have a couple of contacts who think they can give me a step in .being unskilled will mean modest pay 26k but my business onshore should still give me around 20k so things should be ok. i like the idea of all the time off