The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Door speakers required

Guest SimonTSmith

Guest SimonTSmith

I need good condition driver and passenger door speakers for my jap import 1994 supra. I hope someone can help, i tried the Toyota dealers but they wanted £300 for both(expensive) so please help me :)

Wow, you've got no front speakers at all?

I'm going to replace my speakers with a larger pair. The stock speakers are 4" in size, which is quite small. You'll get a much better sound (and I don't necessarily mean louder) if you fit 6" or 6.5" speakers. The doors can physically accommodate the larger speakers, but you'd need to fit a special bracket (which is not a Toyota part) to screw them to.

Don't be fooled by Toyota's high price for stock speakers: they are pretty average.

However, the stock speakers do work and they do give an OK sound, so if you still want them (first dibs to Simon, if not then mattyboy), then I'm happy to sell them to you for MUCH less than £300!

Guest SimonTSmith

I think it could be a good idea to put bigger speakers in if it is not too difficult. I will try that first i think but many thanks for the offer

. Sound shouild be loud i will try fit 6" or bigger ;)

I think it could be a good idea to put bigger speakers in if it is not too difficult. I will try that first i think but many thanks for the offer

I'm seriously talking myself out of a sale here, but......

If you want to fit the larger speakers, it just so happens that a member on here is currently organising a group buy for the brackets necessary to hold them. See here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=99128

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.