The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's your favourite take-away?

Homer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only recently started eating Chinese food after avoiding it for the last 20 years.

I always have the same meal though; beef and green peeper in blackbean sause with (i forget the name, the spicy hot fried rice with different meats in it) and chips.

I'm starting to get bored of it but I don't know what else I would like. I don't like pork and I don't like sweet things.

I know I wouldn't like all that battered stuff in sticky sauces.

I hate experimenting with new food. If you don't like the new dish you've wasted money and loads of time and you're still hungry.

Any recommendations for chinky grub?

You should head to a chinees buffet, that should give you some more idea's!

Oh and Pizza every time, cant beat a domino's :drool:

I did fish n chips too. Haddock is best, with non-brewed condiment instead of vinegar. Why is it that you can ONLY find that in chip shops, not supermarkets??? :search:

Haddock and chips with pickled onion vinegar. Now thats a combination! I don't know if its possible to get that vinegar at the shops tho.

For me its my local Indian's chicken palock madras, garlic rice and a peshwari naan. Perfect! There's a group of us going out this eve to that very restaurant for my girlfriend's birthday. Getting hungry already! :)

I normally cook my own Chinese (I am lucky to have had a good tutor) as it is usually quicker than going into town and bringing it back.

My favs are beef in ginger and spring onion, S&S chicken (not the takeaway crap version but much nicer), duck in plum sauce / bean spouts and chicken and cashew nuts. :)

Domino fan here, too. Half Pepparoni passion, half Texas Barbeque :)

Just thinking about pizza is making me drool on the keyboard. It's pay-day today as well, so I may go for lunch at the Pizza Hut next door to my site. There goes the diet for this week.

Duck in plum sauce is my fav, and the chicken in yellow bean sauce is my girlie's fav.

I should have a go at cooking Chinese, but its all the preparation that takes so long eh?

Nah - the preparation is actually quite minimal. I can do beef in ginger etc and chicken in cashew nuts from start to on the plate in around 20 mins!

Mainly basic dishes, garlic chicken, spicy beef, sweet and sour, some chinese soups etc. nothing fancy. So the prep is only basic. I just slow I guess:)

I did a S&S chicken on the weekend. Cut the strips of chicken and covered them in corn flour. Fried them in a pre heated pan of oil. The S&S sauce was made with a little oil in a pan, some crushed garlic, add loads of tomato sauce, sugar, water and thicken with corn flour. Put the chicken pieces on a plate and cover with the sauce.

Easy peasy! :)