The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1993 Black Twin Turbo GZ Aerotop

MKIVDreamer

For a quick sale - Offers over £6000 welcomed

Unwanted tax bill forces the reluctant sale of my 1993 Black Twin Turbo GZ Aerotop :(

This was imported and registered by Paul at Whifbitz and I have been the first and only owner in the UK. There are 146,231 km (90863 miles) on the clock with regular services being performed over the almost two years of ownership. It is currently taxed until 31st October 2007 and has a valid MOT until 8th Nov 2007. The cam belt and water pump were replaced prior to purchase in 2004, in addition I have had a new Toyota radiator fitted in August 2006 and a new O2 sensor fitted approx 9 months ago.

As the GZ model it has all of the extra creature comforts such as leather front seats (electric drivers side), cruise control and active front spoiler which are all in good working order.

It has a few modifications from stock:

• Clifford CAT1 alarm with proximity sensors
  • Speed delimiter and conversion to MPH
  • Blitz Nur Spec R cat back exhaust (not de-catted)
  • 18" Veilside Andrew Racing V alloy wheels
  • Continental Contact Sport tyres on all corners with 245/40 on the front and 275/35 on the rear and are approximately 9 months old with plenty of tread.
  • CW Fast Road pads all round
  • Denso IK22 plugs (fitted 2 months ago)
  • GReddy electronic boost gauge (fitted 2 months ago)
  • Blitz SUS Performance Air Filter
  • Blitz BOV
  • Blue Dash Conversion
  • Polished Aluminium Heater Control Knobs

Included in the sale is the aftermarket stereo which is the touch screen JVC KD-LHX552, this is complemented by the JVC iPod adapter KS-PD100 which allows control of an attached iPod from the head unit. New front speakers in the form of Infinity Reference 6512si are mounted using a custom 6.5" mounting bracket. Ample bass is provided by the Pioneer TS-WX22A mounted in the boot whilst still allowing for the stowing of the aerotop section on sunny days.

Things that were planned to be done:

• Following a "comedy roof" moment, the weather stripping on the aerotop roof section is bent and needs replacing, there are also some minor paint chips on the roof section requiring attention. (see pics) Quoted £140 to replace
  • Body work is good with some chips and blemishes that are to be expected of a car of this age.
  • Front drivers seat leather retrim was planned due to the leather showing signs of wear and one of the panel seams in the seat section is split.
  • Original jspec lights have been refurbished by myself but had planned to replace with UK glass headlights. Hence, also included in the sale are a set of VERTEX HID conversion (9005/6000K) dipped beam lamps acquired during a recent group buy. These are still boxed and ready to go on.
  • Starter motor contacts are worn resulting in intermittent first time start, refurb was planned.
  • Replacement/refurb of wheels - front two wheels are showing their age with some significant kerbing, the drivers side has a small section of paint/lacquer which has flaked off (see pic), rears are in better condition but with some minor kerbing. Been quoted £160 to be refurbed to "as new" condition
  • Heater matrix blocked (in = v. hot, out = cold.), luke-warm air will be generously pumped into the cabin ;)

Although there appears to be a lot of work required, most of this relatively inexpensive and simple to do - as a daily driver, time off the road has been the main reason for them not being done yet.

Added Extras:

Full set of printed and bound Toyota Workshop manuals.

Brand new "luxury" car cover from Argos

I am looking for sensible offers over £6000.

I'm located in Berkshire in the South East and would welcome any genuine requests to view. Please PM me for my mobile number to arrange.

[ATTACH]51477[/ATTACH][ATTACH]51478[/ATTACH][ATTACH]51479[/ATTACH][ATTACH]51488[/ATTACH][ATTACH]51480[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]51481[/ATTACH][ATTACH]51482[/ATTACH][ATTACH]51483[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...
Is this still for sale? Where abouts in the country are you? would you accept 7K for it?

Yes, it's still for sale and I would accept £7k for it :D

PM sent

i'll give you 8k!:D

Or £8k for that matter ;) - if you're serious, send me a PM...

what needs doing to sort out the heater matrix block?

As you can see by the advert, I'm trying to be totally honest about the state of this car as I'd prefer any member here to know exactly what they're looking at.

The honest truth about the state of the Heater Matrix is "I don't know", not 100% anyway. From tech articles on here it sounds like its got a bit of a blockage, there is no puddle of water in the passenger foot well, so I don't believe the matrix is compromised or leaking and I do get some warm air, just not hot.

Checking the water hoses going into and out of the matrix in the engine bay reveals one very hot pipe (going in) and one luke warm/cold (going out). This seems to be consistent with a blockage.

I'm lead to believe that unblocking it can be a straight-forward case of blowing air or water through the matrix to clear it.

As suggested, replacement of the core itself is a BIG job, mostly due to having to remove the entire dash to get to it. £1000 seems to be a figure thrown about, I have a mechanic "friend" who says he would do it for a *lot* less than that - although he didn't want to put a figure on it ;)

Simon, only just seen this, I'm gutted for you mate :( I was in the same situation last year (unexpected tax bill) and came close to selling.

Its a lovely car folks, Simon has taken great care of it. At £6k, this is a bargain for some lucky person.

Simon, only just seen this, I'm gutted for you mate :( I was in the same situation last year (unexpected tax bill) and came close to selling.

Its a lovely car folks, Simon has taken great care of it. At £6k, this is a bargain for some lucky person.

Well, the tax bill is sorted now, but I still have to sell up - but the heat is off a little.

Given the interesting array of lower than expected offers, I think I'll take some time to fix her up and then look to see if the offers improve.

I've considered all of the possibilities, but she really does have to go. Hopefully if all turns out well, I'll be back in the market for one next year - by then I expect to pick up a mint single 6 speed for about a tenner! :D

• 1 month later...
Guest Chumpalot

Hi mate, has this been sold? if so, disregard all of the below lol.

I've been thinking long and hard about this for a while now... and to be honest the only thing that is putting me off is the potential cost of sorting out the heater problem. It wouldn't bother me if we lived in a nice hot country :p

Everything else would be fairly cheap for me to fix and something that actually appeals to me about the car believe it or not. One question though re. the starter motor, just how 'intermittent' is this? ie how many times does it take to start the car up?

If you haven't sold the car, I would definitely be interested should you be able to sort out the heater blockage problem.

Let me know mate

Dave

Not sold - getting bits fixed on her - its a long slow process as this is my daily driver.

Suspected starter motor problem looks more like a battery problem now. Every other day or so it will take a couple of goes to turn her over, if I try after driving for a little while she starts first time every time.

Roof is on the way to being sorted, got the parts (thanks Steve Manley) and got a painter lined up to do a full respray on the roof section.

Also got the heater lined up - going to get it done at the same time as I get the aircon regassed.

Wheels are also lined up for a refurb now which should see them good as new.

I'll send you a PM and we can chat about it.

Hi there, if this is still up for grabs I'd like to officially register my interest :)

Girlf enjoyed running the NA at Supra Pod the other day buit wants something faster...

If you fancied an NA to run about in I would be happy to px, if not it would be a straight cash deal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.