The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1.2 - 1.3 bar with 2nd cat still in?

Ric

Hi guys.

I fitted a first decat the other week and was boosting 1bar dead but hitting fuel cut after around 4 seconds as the FCD i had was faulty.

Fitted a new FCD 2day and its fine, no cut etc. but my concern is that im now boosting 1.2 to 1.35 bar quite freely with the 2nd cat still in the system.

I havnt fitted the restrictor ring yet as i was under the impression you didn't need to until full decat?

Would it be wise to install the RR now?

cheers fellas

Im in the same boat, I have just fitted a first decat and a Blitz Nur spec r and I hit 18-20 psi then fuel cut occurs so dont know what final boost will be (I have a thor FCD Im fitting tomorrow so will find out) but I thought I wouldnt need a rr either. I hope boost doesnt go too high.

Can you fit the rr anywhere in the exhaust system? I was thinking the first joint from the back box for ease or is this a no no? I was under the impression I would only hit about 1bar with the second cat still in but unfortunatly I was mistaken :( I will see what hapens tomorrow

Ric, as mentioned by everyone get a RR and proper FCD in there.

Sorry for the delay on the 2nd decat, I'm having to work 14 hr days at the moment and don't have time to get parts off the car. Hope to make some progress tomorrow and get the old pipe from Andy welded up by Mon/Tue.

I'll send a RR free with the decat pipe, but make sure you get a Thor (or adjustable) FCD installed if you've not done so already.

18-20 psi on stock turbo's !!!!be glad your engine is still working . The map sensor on a jap spec car is only good for 18psi, over this it will not be able to fuel properly. Also running these boost will cause your etg reading to be extreamly high.

Iv only put my foot down once to check the boost levels after I had the bits fitted, it went to 18ish psi and I thought I better not do that again. Im going to fit a thor FCD so fuel cut should come back on at 1.25 bar. You never know my gauge may be dicky. (wishful thinking)

Ric, as mentioned by everyone get a RR and proper FCD in there.

Sorry for the delay on the 2nd decat, I'm having to work 14 hr days at the moment and don't have time to get parts off the car. Hope to make some progress tomorrow and get the old pipe from Andy welded up by Mon/Tue.

I'll send a RR free with the decat pipe, but make sure you get a Thor (or adjustable) FCD installed if you've not done so already.

Alright.

Ive got the RR already, came with the exhaust, but i was only aware it had to go in when the full decat is done not just the first.. Ill put the RR in 2day and give it another to to be safe

The FCD is on and working now, its a thor unit. as mentioned :)

just fitted the RR (2.1") and its boosting 1.0 solid

2nd decat next then :)

I just fitted my rr (2") I still have my second cat aswell but Im only getting 13psi (0.9 bar) I gues Il take it back out and file the hole to 2.1" and see what happens as Im also after 1 bar steady. Pain the bum this rr fidling business but Im glad to see someone has eveything working