Things you dont see any more

monkey76364

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do remember it was 'user friendly' as it didn't pong so bad. Once swimming in the River Avon in Salisbury I grabbed what I thought was a white log. Indeed it was a log of sorts. [GRIN][/GRIN]

My sister did something similar, she'd been on the playing fields and found what she thought was a white sponge :blink: , so, naturally, she gave it a squeeze...

For cartoons from yesteryear, check out this site...

http://www.toonhound.com/

Slime in a can,

Rubiks Cube.

Computer Battleship (not really a computer as such)

Simon that stupid game where you had to copy a sequence of noises and press the lit parts of a stupid saucer type thing till you got really really bored

Weebles (wobble but they dont fall down) actually someone whos a member on here that reminds me of them ha ha (not saying lol)

Calculator digital watches...all the geeky boys had em at school, the cool dudes like me had ones with games on or a really annoying alarm that resulted in having it confiscated.

CB radios, where council houses grew antennas, had to have one taller than ya neighbours one (early answer to internety chat room where you would chat up some girl who sounded really nice...and shed end up being really ugly with thick glasses, a brace and bad b.o.

Talking of Fat Birds what happened to 'Busby' from the GPO/BT Commercials.

Yellow GPO 'Commer vans'

Trimphones, the early ones had dials (great for old people who suffered from arthritus) then they put buttons on them, you couldn't use phones that were not approved by GPO Telecommunications, so basically only GPO phones were an option. pleep pleep

All this is before my time as those who have met me would know;) :p

My sister did something similar, she'd been on the playing fields and found what she thought was a white sponge :blink: , so, naturally, she gave it a squeeze...

For cartoons from yesteryear, check out this site...

http://www.toonhound.com/

Your sister was probably 3 years old whereas I was about 13. Was she of the same opinion that Milky Bar dog poo didn't smell half as bad as the Cadburys Bournville variety?:)

Your sister was probably 3 years old whereas I was about 13. Was she of the same opinion that Milky Bar dog poo didn't smell half as bad as the Cadburys Bournville variety?:)

Yeah, she was 3. I'd only have been 6 at the time myself so I can't remember all the details, but I think she had the sense not to sniff it.:p