The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Caught Doing 160mph

terribleturner

It wouldn't really matter if we had higher speed limits on the roads as people would still want to go faster than allowed anyway. We have enough accidents on the roads with just a 70mph limit so they wll never raise them anyway.

There are too many variables to consider for them to increase the limits anyway. 100mph in a Supra with nice big (and well maintained brakes) is a lot different from Johnny chav doing 100mph in his Cavalier that needs new pads and disks.

We have probably all broke the speed limit during our lives, its just that most of us have got away with it due to luck or picking and choosing the right time and place.

couldn't agree more, well said

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't really matter if we had higher speed limits on the roads as people would still want to go faster than allowed anyway. We have enough accidents on the roads with just a 70mph limit so they wll never raise them anyway.

There are too many variables to consider for them to increase the limits anyway. 100mph in a Supra with nice big (and well maintained brakes) is a lot different from Johnny chav doing 100mph in his Cavalier that needs new pads and disks.

We have probably all broke the speed limit during our lives, its just that most of us have got away with it due to luck or picking and choosing the right time and place.

100% agree - Some people in here are hypocrites (they all speed on private roads), the poor guy doesn't probably deserve it. Im with him

things that scare me more on the road then speeding, coming up behind a Morris minor with those crappy old brakes, or one coming up behind you. and you just know they won't be able to stop.

maybe someone with the knowledge can explain why A roads are still 60mph yet motorways, which should be safer if driven well, are only 70mph.

anyone notice how many accidents on the M25 and most are driver error, not speeding.

sooner they keep lorries to the inside lane and stop them overtaking especially uphill, the better to the rest of us.

Prison? I will throw up, i've been attacked before in my supra for no fucking reason, twats smashed my window with a stone! I was trying to get away from them through traffic and glasses falling all over me, police caught them after i called them, i took them to court and charges were dropped.

So wrong :( That you can have years of your life taken away from you for speeding, that's terrible.

Yet in Germany you can go as fast as you like, and some of the autobahns i've driven on in Germany are no better than UK roads if anything they're worse in places. The whole thing makes me really mad, hasn't someone done a petition yet?

Also saying drive on a track etc... costs a fortune i can't afford to do it whenever i like, if track days were cheaper or free people wouldn't speed half as much.

Yet in Germany you can go as fast as you like, and some of the autobahns i've driven on in Germany are no better than UK roads if anything they're worse in places. The whole thing makes me really mad, hasn't someone done a petition yet?

The irony here is that if the German government imposed a speed limit on the autobahns, there would be an outcry and they would soon be booted out of power.

If the UK got RID of the speed limit so we have German style autobahns, there would also be an outcry, and they would be booted out of power!

The irony here is that if the German government imposed a speed limit on the autobahns, there would be an outcry and they would soon be booted out of power.

If the UK got RID of the speed limit so we have German style autobahns, there would also be an outcry, and they would be booted out of power!

They did try and it was revoked after the public outcry, lucky gits.