The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Caught Doing 160mph

terribleturner

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That has really made me think twice about top speed runs on the M69. I have only ever been upto 155 leptons and that felt very fast and slightly worrying, even though it was on an empty motorway. From now on I think I am going to be a lot more careful.

Still, like many others have said, doing silly speeds on an empty motorway is a lot different to driving dangerously through a built up area. I watch that Streetwars program quite a lot on Skyone and some of the things people do on that are crazy, i.e. without insurance, tax and on the pavement, down alley's and round roundabouts the wrong way in traffic, and yet they get away with it half the time.

paedophile doesn't go to prison however as a motorist he is the devil personified.

Not content with destroying the planet with his evil emissions he is speeding, and as we all know speed kills :rolleyes:

This is one area where i wish they would adopt a european policy, we should have unrestricted autobahns and fines rather than points and bans for offences.

Although if you speed outside schools and in built up areas then i have no sympathy.

Good luck to him, as said before it could have easily been someone on the board,most of us have done similar speeds.

Anyone who has done a load of top end runs at that speed knows you only do it where you think is pretty safe. This witch hunt is out of all sanity, people who know nothing about speed all slagging the guy off, it's not on, as the guy on the greasy winter road doing 60 in the 30 in his 88 Orion with shyte bakes no mot and remoulds could take out more people in the suburbs anytime due to population and lack of stopping/cornering power. Anyway the porsche is designed for that sort of speed in regular use on the autobahn.