The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Caught Doing 160mph

terribleturner

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone who was tagged doing 110 on the A420. Luckly the unmarked car that gave chase with it's lights going was at a standstill - when he past them .. and didn't catch his plate. And couldn't give chase ....

.... bit difficult to catch a Busa ;)

He soon found a town & quiet street to hide ...

I know someone who was tagged doing 110 on the A420. Luckly the unmarked car that gave chase with it's lights going was at a standstill - when he past them .. and didn't catch his plate. And couldn't give chase ....

I used to work beside someone who tried similar out at night on the farm roads. He hid in a field track with the lights off waiting on them passing but forgot one little thing.... His foot was on the brakes.:D

Hmmm, wonder who that could have been? ;)

God knows how much his Insurance goes up by! (once hes paid the fine and taken a retest)

Thats real bad luck, i maxed out at around 170 plus in Spain racing with a Porsche, both passed a Guardia Traffico on the ole NIV from Madrid to Costa Del Sol, didn't see him get in his Seat and give chase;)

Time n place for that sort of speed, im sure he was just v unlucky poor bugga hope they are not to hard on him.

Oxford magistrates!!!!! Good Luck lol they love cars there :(

I'll be very supprised if he gets any serious time. After all, a week doesnt go past when a drunk, illegal immigrant, driving a car with no tax/MOT/insurance mows down a family outside a school and gets away with a fine :(

It's all very well screaming CHILD KILLER!!!, but honestly, we don't know the conditions, it could have been on the A1 at 4 in the morning (ala Smokey's Supra run) with no other cars in sight. Anyway, I think its fair to say that very few people on this board are completely innocent when it comes to high speed runs . .

170 odd.....in a new porker, which I guess was on a quiet bit of road, big deal............but courts dont see it that way.

He needs that Mr.Loophole guy to represent him, go do a search, he is his best bet for a solicitor in a case like this. If he does go down, when he comes out i hope he buys a laser jammer.

So easily could have been one of many on this board. I hope he gets good representation in court. With all the emphasis on only the most serious offences leading to custodial sentences due to prison over crowding he may be lucky. Shame the authorities don't treat speeding at much less speed in built up areas in the same manner, that is where the real danger lies.

He hardly warrants being treated the same a rapist and murderers. What ever happens, he will be unlikely to be able to get insured on a Micra, once he is allow on the roads again.

170 on a quiet M road doesn't bother me so much. The w*anker that drove past me in an R reg BMW M3 today at about 70 in a 30 with a queue of traffic between him and where I was heading and pedestrians crossing... hang that f*cker plz! He almost took out 3 pedestrians and a car emerging from a side road... Sadly no police around to witness that transgression.

And as mentioned, it is free for all on prison - can't put anyone in the nick - there are too many 60+ widow grandmothers in jail that forgot to pay their f*ckin council tax or tv license to let anyone dangerous in the system!

Judge: What are you?

Paedo: I'm a kiddy fiddler... and rapist

Judge: Ok, the system is full - you aren't so dangerous - you are free to go...

Speeder: I was caught doing twice the speed limit.

Judge: You must be burned at the stake, hung drawn and quartered! Heathen scum like you that bring this country to its knees!!!!

Speeder: Thank you m'lud, most just and fair of you.

Pentioner: I am old, and forgot to pay my council tax.

Judge: Scum like you are why I can't afford to buy my new Jaguar XKR! Life in prison!!!!

Not condining speeding like that, as it is pretty dumb, but I do think this country is all to cock with the way it deals out justice.

Anyway, we've all been there, well maybe not 170, but 120, 130, 140, 150 what's the difference

:yeahthat:

Thank God for the voice of reason

Next you'll all be saying that you never race on the highway either ;)

I've been there, done some pretty stupid things in my time. I try to keep things a bit saner these days, but purely only because there's so much more chance of getting caught :D

Come on guys (and girls) we all own performance cars, and I'm sure we didn't buy them so we could drive Miss Daisy.

Cut the guy a bit of slack. There but for the grace of God, go I ;)

170 on a quiet M road doesn't bother me so much. The w*anker that drove past me in an R reg BMW M3 today at about 70 in a 30 with a queue of traffic between him and where I was heading and pedestrians crossing... hang that f*cker plz! He almost took out 3 pedestrians and a car emerging from a side road... Sadly no police around to witness that transgression.

And as mentioned, it is free for all on prison - can't put anyone in the nick - there are too many 60+ widow grandmothers in jail that forgot to pay their f*ckin council tax or tv license to let anyone dangerous in the system!

Paedo: I'm a kiddy fiddler... and rapist

Judge: Ok, the system is full - you aren't so dangerous - you are free to go...

Speeder: I was caught doing twice the speed limit.

Judge: You must be burned at the stake, hung drawn and quartered! Heathen scum like you that bring this country to its knees!!!!

Speeder: Thank you m'lud, most just and fair of you.

Pentioner: I am old, and forgot to pay my council tax.

Judge: Scum like you are why I can't afford to buy my new Jaguar XKR! Life in prison!!!!

Not condining speeding like that, as it is pretty dumb, but I do think this country is all to cock with the way it deals out justice.

You forgot to mention that we pay our taxes all our lives and get nothing back unless you come into this country with nothing and having put nothing into the state you get everything.Anyway that's another argument,not going there on this thread(hijack).

:yeahthat:

Thank God for the voice of reason

Next you'll all be saying that you never race on the highway either ;)

I've been there, done some pretty stupid things in my time. I try to keep things a bit saner these days, but purely only because there's so much more chance of getting caught :D

Come on guys (and girls) we all own performance cars, and I'm sure we didn't buy them so we could drive Miss Daisy.

Cut the guy a bit of slack. There but for the grace of God, go I ;)

EXACTLY,

he who throws the first stone