The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Life begins at 40 - or does it?

hogmaw

I just realised that I will be 40 next year. Wow time flies. Does that mean I will be an old git? If I have a Supra, and wear 'youngish' clothes, will I be an old git, trying to act like I'm young? Is 40 the new 30? Is this what a mid life crisis is all about? Questions questions.

I just realised that I will be 40 next year. Wow time flies. Does that mean I will be an old git? If I have a Supra, and wear 'youngish' clothes, will I be an old git, trying to act like I'm young? Is 40 the new 30? Is this what a mid life crisis is all about? Questions questions.

No you will not be an old git - i really dont wanna be 30 next week - it has come along too quick - just keep feelin young and cool, you'll be fine:hug:

40 Haa..

You think that you got to go from 30 to 40 quickly didn't you ? you thought that last ten years just flew by.... wrong !

In about two years, you will be 50 - honest, hapened to me, I was just there waiting for "life to begin" and then I realised I had missed about half a decade.

Not all bad though, in my 40's I bought a Supra, joined a great club, had some brilliant car holidays to Scotland, France etc.

Got selected for G.B veterans fencing squad, fell in love (to the wife again) and became a grandad !

Hope 50's will be as good.

Saying all that I'd still exchange my right testicle to be 30 again.. :)

Cos you are only as young as you feel, or the member of the opposite sex you last snogged, ans she was 23...........:eyebrows:

Damn. I'm only 37 and my g/f is 40. I just aged 3 years in 5 mins!

For those of you worried about 30.... I was going out with a girl when she hit 30 and she treated it like the end of the world. I was in my late 20s at the time and couldn't understand the fuss. But when I hit it, I did find it a bit of a shock - didn't feel I could claim to be young anymore and wasn't sure what I'd achieved.

Haven't achieved much more these days - although I earn more and have better cars - but not worried about 40 in a few years. Happy with my life.

I like to think I'm slightly prepared for my 30th, especially as all I've had it "1 more to go till the big 3-0" from my housemates...

Damn them, the young whippersnappers at 25 and so on...

I can almost feel the joints stiffening up as I type...

Life begins if and when you wake up in the mornings. At 47, Im careful not to try too hard to fit in with a young office staff and to some extent, a young forum membership. My attitude is naturally childish anyway, so combined with my incredible age, I think I take the middle ground ok. Not too Victor Meldrew, not too giggly adolescent. My biggest problem is how to deal with feelings toward young attractive women....one womans attractive older man is anothers pervert:d

I too am 47 and find that in my head I still feel 21, but my body can't keep up. I wear clothes that I feel comfortable in and still have an eye for the ladies, although I now know that I have more chance of pulling a muscle these days!! I enjoy my life and I dont say "oh I'm 47 I should be doing this" its a case of "so what if I'm 47 I am doing this for me" :)