The mkiv Supra Owners Club

305/30/19 on a 10" wheel???

JamieP

I wouldn't, way too much tyre flex, which would result in poorer handling. A 10" wide rim requires 265's, but most fit 285's which is fine, 305's are for 12" wide rim but can also be fitted to 11" wide rims.

Put this way, would you put 245's on a 7" rim? That's pretty much what your asking.

Ive got 285' on there now, ive just brought some 295's and the strange thing is there about 50mm wider than the 285's.

They look huge when i tape across them there about 320mm:search: im gonna try fit them tomorrow.

with your driving style i would say deff no:D :p

Ive got 285' on there now, ive just brought some 295's and the strange thing is there about 50mm wider than the 285's.

They look huge when i tape across them there about 320mm:search: im gonna try fit them tomorrow.

I never got round to fitting them today, will have to wait till next week, cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

tyres come in different sizes , even if it says 295 it does not mean its the same as mich 295 to avon 295, they are what as known as fat tyres , look at the 99y, 97y, 96y rating on them - 99 represents fat tyre. i run 315 * 30 * 18 on my rear at 97y , i have a 11 inch rim , and they fit perfect. i bought some p-zero 295*30*18 and they fit flush aswell , difference was 99y. As you know i have 3 ses of rims , all 11 inch rear , i have a set with 335*25*18 -97y and they fit perfect aswell . hope this helps , forgot to mention have a different arches on the rear to normal supra's .

I have 265/30/19 on an 8" rim they love me down the garage when fitting them:)

got to be worth a go mate

Very dangerous , I would get them changed! :blink:

When I got my car it had 245's on 8" rims.

When I put it up on the ramps and had a look underneath I could see significant splits which ran around the inside sidewall of the front tyres.

They were only visible when the weight was on them, the splits closed up when you took the wheel off to have a look.

You've also got less sidewall on an 19" tyre compared to the 18's that I had which makes it even worse.

tyres come in different sizes , even if it says 295 it does not mean its the same as mich 295 to avon 295, they are what as known as fat tyres , look at the 99y, 97y, 96y rating on them - 99 represents fat tyre. i run 315 * 30 * 18 on my rear at 97y , i have a 11 inch rim , and they fit perfect. i bought some p-zero 295*30*18 and they fit flush aswell , difference was 99y. As you know i have 3 ses of rims , all 11 inch rear , i have a set with 335*25*18 -97y and they fit perfect aswell . hope this helps , forgot to mention have a different arches on the rear to normal supra's .

i always thought that the last digits ie -97y were load index of tyre and speed rating ?:blink:

Very dangerous , I would get them changed! :blink:

When I got my car it had 245's on 8" rims.

When I put it up on the ramps and had a look underneath I could see significant splits which ran around the inside sidewall of the front tyres.

They were only visible when the weight was on them, the splits closed up when you took the wheel off to have a look.

You've also got less sidewall on an 19" tyre compared to the 18's that I had which makes it even worse.

These are fine mate had one set on ther 6months changed due to the right foot aslong as the tyre pressure are ok there is no reason for them to be a danger

These are fine mate had one set on ther 6months changed due to the right foot aslong as the tyre pressure are ok there is no reason for them to be a danger

There's a limit on how wide you can go on a wheel of a certain width, that's obvious really. :)

In my opinion you're way over that.

It's just not worth the risk.