The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you always drive with your lights on?

hogmaw

Rarely during the day unless it is very dark - but I also use the fogs when driving at night because the lights are quite dim sometimes

Babe, the frong fogs use regular H3 bulbs, so you can replace with anything, xenon, even higher wattage ones if you like

Only at night for me. Do the j-spec plastic lights affect them that much? Compared to other cars I've ever been in at night, the Supe's lights are fantastically bright. I have to dip the full beams if I'm approaching a large road-sign cos the reflection's too bright n glare-y :cool: ! I've a UK-spec which is why I ask about the j-spec lights btw.

Lights on all the time - I passed my test and then moved to Germnay so, got used to having my lights on, on Sunny days. The amount of people who would try and tell me that I have my lights on when I came back home was unreal......I'm talking 15yrs ago now so, lights on during the day was not common. I have also worked in the Nordic countries where some places it's enforced to have them on when you drive day or night.

I find that some people don't even use their rear view mirror unless they are prompted too (driving with my lights on).

I think it helps people see where you are better, same as bikers I guess..

I only have them on when its dark or the weather is bad, need to save all the power I can to squeeze every extra mile out the tank :)

Stick 'em on if the conditions are a bit iffy. It's not as if they're a massive drain on power or contribute maasively to global warming. The 3.0 litre 6 cyclinder does enough damage. Wind and tyre rolling resistance account for more of a drain.

May as well start another thread - do you use your winscreen wipers when it rains or use your indicators to overtake? :)

only when its dark.

Re using sidelights with fog lights you can get fined by the cops for misuse of lights (fixed penalty), a mate of mine got pulled, funilly enough in a BMW and he got a £30-£40 fine...

Dont understand it really as Volvos lights are permanently on so how come they dont get fined...

As usual the law is an ass

only when its dark.

Re using sidelights with fog lights you can get fined by the cops for misuse of lights (fixed penalty), a mate of mine got pulled, funilly enough in a BMW and he got a £30-£40 fine...

Dont understand it really as Volvos lights are permanently on so how come they dont get fined...

As usual the law is an ass

if only there was consistency, i get annoyed when you see police drivers not driving to the same standards they expect the public too.

how many times do they never indicate when changing lanes, or turning at junctions, or don't use lights in bad conditions.

FFS why do people put the fogs on when it is not foggy it really pisses me off. Do they put on the windscreen wipers when its not raining ??? I think front fogs should be linked to rear fogs that would stop them.

But my biggest hate is people who just don't understand where the main beam is. Working nights I drive country roads in the dark on the way to work now when I can see the main beam of another on coming car a few corners ahead I dip my lights do they no do they fuck they dazzle you first and then dip them. If you do either of these thing you are all shit drivers