The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU (Basic Performance Upgrade)

Homer

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in addtion to the four item listed by homer, isn't a aftermarket BOV also necessary? I was told the stock one can only hold 1bar

I've never heard that and still run my stock BOV with 1.2bar boost.

Cheers,

Brian.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i am pritty new to the supra scene just had my over 2months now. i am wanting to remove both cats what else do i need this is what i am going to purchase.

1. blitz nur r

2. restrictor ring

3. walbro fuel pump

4. boost gauge

5. greddy boost limit cut controller

6. IK22 spark plugs

now what else do i need to remove the two cats can anyone advise me.

cheers :)

i am pritty new to the supra scene just had my over 2months now. i am wanting to remove both cats what else do i need this is what i am going to purchase.

1. blitz nur r

2. restrictor ring

3. walbro fuel pump

4. boost gauge

5. greddy boost limit cut controller

6. IK22 spark plugs

now what else do i need to remove the two cats can anyone advise me.

cheers :)

To remove the cats you need to buy decat pipes (exhaust pipes with no cats to replace the section of pipe that has a cat). Read the first thread very carefully. It's all in there. Otherwise, use the search button near the top of the page and search for decat or bpu or other key words and have a good read. Most of these questions have been asked before and answered numerous time so you'll save yourself a lot of time (and people won't be mean to you ;) )

what i was gettin at was will that exhaust system remove both cats?

No. From the standard turbos, you get a small pipe with a cat, then another slightly longer pipe with another cat, and after that you get your cat-back exhaust system (clue is in the name). The Nur Spec will be from there back, and you'll still need to buy the 2 decat pipes.

Here's a pic of the 2 decat pipes

http://www.sonicsausage.com/Sections/Hobbies/TheCar/Images/CWDecatPipes.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest jonte_j

Where can i purchase this restrictor ring? Or do i have to make one myself? Where in the exhaust is it placed? I understand its in front section but is it before the 1st decat, between them or after?

Edited by jonte_j (see edit history)

Where can i purchase this restrictor ring? Or do i have to make one myself? Where in the exhaust is it placed? I understand its in front section but is it before the 1st decat, between them or after?

You can get them from some of the traders on the forum. Place a wanted ad, and I'm sure someone will respond.

Mine is between the cat back exhaust and the last cat.. Not sure if that's the correct place but it seems to work.

Further back the better mate I think...maybe between 2nd decat and exhaust?

Anyone 2nd this?

You can get them from some of the traders on the forum. Place a wanted ad, and I'm sure someone will respond.

Mine is between the cat back exhaust and the last cat.. Not sure if that's the correct place but it seems to work.

Actually, I think you just seconded it... ;)

• 1 year later...
Guest Suprafly

Right I'm currently ordering parts from whifbitz for a full BPU.

I've got a 96 J-spec RZ-S, I already have a Blitz Nur spec cat back system fitted, so I'm after:

HKS FCD

Walbro fuel pump

Both decat pipes

Restrictor ring

NGK Iridium plugs

Question is what grade plugs do I go for?