The mkiv Supra Owners Club

For sale... Sky plus box

JamieP

i presume you have to speak to sky to get a card and subscription, do they ask how you come across the box ect??

yeah you have to speak to sky, but they wont ask how you got the box, as there are a lot of independent retailers about. bare in mind, the sky plus box needs 2 inputs from the dish to work correctly so you may need a new lnb which sky may supply free if you upgrade. you might as well go for multi room too though - they'll fit it for free, and you get more options for the same price....

Ok i tried this just 4 weeks ago, as I brought my Sky+ box down from Scotland and finally got off my ass to upgrade to multi room,

You will need to pay £10 a month for the recording privilage and you will need to call out either sky or independent to come and put in the extra wires, be prepared sky's cheapest engineer quote as they hand this work off to independents is £110 for the S63 region, however if you do the leg work yourself you may get an independent to do it for £60, then you have the new part that sits at the end of the dish iirc you will need a new piece.

sounds like they've changed it then. When i got my sky + i allready had multi-room. They charged me for the box, but did the following for free:

install the box

install a new quad lnb on the dish

run new cabling to my room for the sky +

remove the existing cabling from my room

run a new cable to my sisters room and install my old box there

run new cabling to the living room to replace the old worn cable

All that was done by sky themselves too. plus i dont have to pay any extra for recording as i have multi rooms. either i got REALLY REALLY lucky or sky have changed there terms. - BUT that was over a year ago now....

sounds like they've changed it then. When i got my sky + i allready had multi-room. They charged me for the box, but did the following for free:

install the box

install a new quad lnb on the dish

run new cabling to my room for the sky +

remove the existing cabling from my room

run a new cable to my sisters room and install my old box there

run new cabling to the living room to replace the old worn cable

All that was done by sky themselves too. plus i dont have to pay any extra for recording as i have multi rooms. either i got REALLY REALLY lucky or sky have changed there terms.

I wont comment any further as it is Jamies sale.

I wont comment any further as it is Jamies sale.

Yeah sorry if i went on a bit, just trying to help, either way its a good deal, once you have it you'll wonder how you lived without it for so long - especially if your an only fools and horses freak like me - got loads of them stored. plus they have a new feature where you can start recording from your mobile - great if your running late!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.