The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone fancy Gatebil 2007???

JamieP

Guest tengerud

Rakkestad or Fredrikstad should be the closest cities.

If some of you are looking to drive from the port in Esbjerg, check out the route in the following link: http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/int/dyn/controller/ItiWGPerformPage?reinit=1&strStartCityCountry=1473&strStartAddress=&strStartCP=&strStartCity=Esbjerg&strDestCityCountry=EUR&strDestAddress=&strDestCP=&strDestCity=Rakkestad&image2.x=47&image2.y=13

For those who would rather take the ferry to Oslo, wait for my complete guide on ferry alternatives that I'll post here next Wednesday. :)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tengerud

Holy crap, how could I forget to get back to you with the ferry guide. Well, better late than never, so here we go.

There are numerous alternatives on how to get from UK to Norway for Gatebil in July. Some of them are good, other are bad - none is great.

Everyone considering going should be aware of how complicated the trip in itself is - but to point it out, it's defaintly worth it.

Okay, alternative #1:

This one is the easiest one, and the one that needs less effort.

Newcastle-Stavanger (NOR)-Rudskogen

Departure from Newcastle: 7.30 PM (UK time), the 10th of July

Arrival in Stavanger, Norway: 11.00 PM (Norwegian time), the 11th of July

The next step would then be to drive from the port in Stavanger to Rudskogen. The closest point on an GPS is probably Rakkestad.

For those of you not having an GPS, or want to know how far this really is, check the following link: http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/int/dyn/controller/ItiWGPerformPage?reinit=1&strStartCityCountry=EUR&strStartAddress=&strStartMerged=Stavanger&strDestCityCountry=EUR&strDestAddress=&strDestMerged=Rakkestad&image2.x=36&image2.y=14

This is an approxiomatly nine hour drive, but don't worry, the camping is open, so you have an place to stay for that night as well. The real action doesn't start before Friday the 13th, but all the extreme cars and stuff arrives on the Thursday. Therefore this is an exeptional chance to get to know the camping and track area before the event kicks off, and maybe meet some beautiful Norwegian girls? ;)

The other alternative is a little more complicated, but the best one if you're in a constant hurry:

Harwich-Esbjerg (DK)- Fredrikshavn (DK) - Gothenburg (SWE) - Rudskogen (NOR)

Ferry #1: Harwich-Esbjerg (DK)

Departure from Harwich: 6.00 PM (UK time), 11th of July

Arrival in Esbjerg: 1.00 PM (Norwegian time), 12th of July

3-4 hour drive from Esbjerg to Fredrikshavn: http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/int/dyn/controller/ItiWGPerformPage?reinit=1&strStartCityCountry=EUR&strStartAddress=&strStartMerged=Esbjerg&strDestCityCountry=EUR&strDestAddress=&strDestMerged=Fredrikshavn&image2.x=54&image2.y=4

Ferry #2: Fredrikshavn-Gothenburg (SWE)

Departure from Fredrikshavn: 8.45 PM, 12th of July

Arrival in Gothenburg: 10.45 PM, 12th of July

2-3 hours drive from Gothenburg to Rudskogen: http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/int/dyn/controller/ItiWGPerformPage?reinit=1&strStartCityCountry=EUR&strStartAddress=&strStartMerged=Gothenburg&strDestCityCountry=EUR&strDestAddress=&strDestMerged=Rakkestad&image2.x=0&image2.y=0

The camping is open the day around, so no mather when you decide to drop by, you are welcome - and able, to enter the camping.

Another enthusiast from the UK who wants to attend our event has decided to take the ferry from Newcastle to Rotterdamn, then drive trough Germany, Sweden and then into Norway. If any of you want more information about this route, I'll be more than happy to do some research on this option and get back to you.

Well, I hope that this helped some of you got an clearer image on how to get to Norway using various ferries instead of driving the whole way trough Europe.

If you should have any further questions or need any more information about the event or how to get there - don't hesitate to send me an e-mail at [email protected]

And in case you're very shy, you can always ask in this thread. I promise to check it more often than I've done lately.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Torgeir Toft Engerud

International contact, Gatebil AS

[email protected]

+47 91 72 44 68