The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone fancy Gatebil 2007???

JamieP

I keep seeing loads of Gatebil vids and it looks great.

Anyone fancy going this year?, looks awesome track and they know how to have fun with massive horse power cars, check the vids out:)

details of gatebil.

http://www.gatebil.no/?language=gb

Vids

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/gatebil/0/77f77f3f-7734-4796-9021-9852012225fd.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/gatebil/1/b6886eb0-4fed-44ba-9ab2-12f0a2a68dfd.htm

warning this is a huge vid but well worth downloading, Awesome vid, right click save as.

http://filmer.driftfun.com/2006/gunstig-no-gatebil-rudskogen-juli2006.avi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Im going to the main event at Rudskogen between the 14th and the 16th of July,

Getting ferry from Newcastle.. but i cant figure out what is the closest port to Gatebil..

Ive emailed them for help and to book my track time, if anyone else fancys going let me know or ad your name.:)

Thats going to be a nice drive :D

36.500 visitors found their way to the best, biggest and most entertaining Gatebil-event ever. The cars keep getting more and more extreme, and our events starts getting recognizion from people all over the world!

Yes, there was something magical about this years mainevent at Rudskogen between the 14th and the 16th of July. The sun shined all weekend, blessing us with great track-condition and local fog from burnouts at the track. The cars has not only got more extreme, many of them also found their way to Gatebil traveling trough huge parts of Europe.

Take Simon Norris as an example, driving over 1200 miles trough France, Germany, Denmark and Sweden, just to entertain the crowd at Rudskogen. Now that's what I call dedication! His green short-wheel base Mitsubishi Evolution IX (currently the only SWB in the world) and himself seemed to have a great time at the track, and they did more than just set good laps around the circuit. Simon almost won the drag, but thanks to his street tires, he lost to Jon "Jonus" Reinertsen and his amazing 1065 horsepower Audi 90.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tengerud
Nice.. Mr Norris went the long way btw, my plan is get ferry straight there overnight:)

Simon Norris tried to book ferry, but as it was not more than 3 days till the departure, nothing were available. Ferry is absolutely the best and cheapest solution. In fact, I will be traveling with some of the profiles from the UK tunerscene this year. We're planning on taking the ferry from Esbjerg to Harwich, and then drive trough Denmark and up to Copenhagen. Then we'll catch the ferry from Denmark to Oslo, and from Oslo there's only a short drive, and you're at Rudskogen.

If there's anything you want to know or wondering about, please contact me at [email protected] or 0047 9172 4468

Kind regards,

Torgeir Toft Engerud

International Contact, Gatebil.com

Simon Norris tried to book ferry, but as it was not more than 3 days till the departure, nothing were available. Ferry is absolutely the best and cheapest solution. In fact, I will be traveling with some of the profiles from the UK tunerscene this year. We're planning on taking the ferry from Esbjerg to Harwich, and then drive trough Denmark and up to Copenhagen. Then we'll catch the ferry from Denmark to Oslo, and from Oslo there's only a short drive, and you're at Rudskogen.

If there's anything you want to know or wondering about, please contact me at [email protected] or 0047 9172 4468

Kind regards,

Torgeir Toft Engerud

International Contact, Gatebil.com

Thanks Torgeir, i sent you an email last night regarding the guide pack, hopefully i can get e few mates together and ill be over:)

Jamie mate you got any info yet about how much the whole thing will cost? this is just before my birthday sounds good and may be interested to come along too :)

Jamie mate you got any info yet about how much the whole thing will cost? this is just before my birthday sounds good and may be interested to come along too :)

I got this email....

Jamie,

I apologize the awfully late reply. Things have been pretty busy the last months at the office, but it’s getting better these days.

It’s lovely to hear that our events has drawn attention and that you and your friends wish to attend. This years main event is as usual in July, between the 12th and the 15th. The real action starts on Friday the 13th. The closest port is Gothenburg, but unfortunately the direct line from Newcastle was shut down and is no longer an option. My advice, and the route I in fact will take myself, is the ferry from Harwich to Esbjerg, drive from Esbjerg to Copenhagen, and then take the ferry to Oslo. Then there’s just a short drive to Rudskogen, and you’re at the centre of the action.

Track time tickets should be around 350-400 NOK (30-35 £) for one day. Entry fee for the whole weekend, including access to the party camp, is around 700-1000 NOK (around 80 £) for each of the attending people. Children under 12 gets free entrance if the are accompanied by an paying adult. The camping is 400 NOK per tent/car. This means that if you’re 5 people planning to sleep in the same tent, which is quite reasonable, it’ll be not more than around 85 NOK (6-7 £) for each of you.

We’re currently making an guide for Gatebil for international visitors. If you want me to mail you one when it’s finished, please forward me your address, and how many you would need. It’s of course totally free, and should be a helpful tool both before and during the event.

I hope you got the information you were looking for. And if you or your friends should have any more questions, do not hesitate to send me another email.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Torgeir Toft Engerud