The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel injector adaptor

TLicense

I'm just about to fit a set of 870cc Siemens Deka injectors. I've got some pigtails that are 2nd hand and look a bit daggy. I know you can get adaptors that have the a stock male connctor on one end and whatever type of injector connector you have on the other.

Anwyay, I've found this on the web:-

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_CONNECT.asp

Do I need the ones on the far right? (Nippon denso connector) I don't know for sure that the connector on my Siemens injectors are "EV1"?

Also does anyone know anywhere selling these in the UK?

Cheers,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FUEL-INJECTOR-CONNECTORS-BOSCH-LUCAS-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42604QQihZ010QQitemZ200063908149QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

$2.75 each, though he has a shipping Fee of $17, worth contacting him to check shipping cost on all 6

Also, give your local Lucas-Bosch Fuel injection centre a call, these are standard fit on most cars.

Looking at the pics Tony posted and going by his description I think he wants a male-female adaptor lead to save any soldering/cutting guys. Male to plug onto his existing car wiring and female EV1 to fit the new injectors.

I think he's asking if anyone knows a UK supplier for these adaptors and whether EV1 is correct for the Siemens he has.

Tony - if you post up a pic of the injector showing the connector part clearly connector we can confirm it is the EV1 type (which any Siemens I have used in the past were anyway).

The only bit I am unsure of is whether the Nippon Denso male end is the correct one to fit the stock wiring. I do not have a stock injector to hand and don't have the connector shape committed to memory. Assuming that part is correct then they look to be what you need.

I'm assuming you know it would be much cheaper and tidier if you were to solder in some EV1 females instead? Is it just that you don't want to cut the original wiring?

I think possibly they'd try and shut a bit harder if the polarity was reversed, as they use a magnetic field to open the pintle.

The wiring is easy, every injector has a common +12v source (or 5v or whatever) and this wire is the same colour on every plug. Just do one plug at a time so you've always got a reference.

VWP deliver next day and it's always right and accurate. Ebay stuff, well, pfft, may as well give me the cash ;)

-Ian

Generally there is no polarity requirement for an injector of this type so don't worry. Do them all the same to be consistent though. Do the 12v (or you could probably use a 9v battery) check with one of your pigtails to a battery to put your mind at rest.

Some have a + and - but this is more for troubleshooting in OEM situations. Some rare injectors are "earthed" through the body casting and whichever pins shows continuity to the body will be the negative. These type of injectors are very rare though. :)

Edit: Are these high or low impedence and if they're low do you have a resistor pack or PWM capability in your ecu to suit?

Get a 12v source, like a PC power supply, and touch the wires to the connectors of an injector. If you hear it tick open, that's the right way round :) C'mon man, where's your sense of adventure?

-Ian

LOL, I didn't want to wreck them by trying to drive the solenoid backwards.

Generally there is no polarity requirement for an injector of this type so don't worry. Do them all the same to be consistent though. Do the 12v (or you could probably use a 9v battery) check with one of your pigtails to a battery to put your mind at rest.

Some have a + and - but this is more for troubleshooting in OEM situations. Some rare injectors are "earthed" through the body casting and whichever pins shows continuity to the body will be the negative. These type of injectors are very rare though. :)

Edit: Are these high or low impedence and if they're low do you have a resistor pack or PWM capability in your ecu to suit?

They're low impedance. There's a story behind sorting the resistor pack/ECU requirements, but that's probably for another time as it's yet to be resolved one way or another. ;)

LOL, I didn't want to wreck them by trying to drive the solenoid backwards.

They're low impedance. There's a story behind sorting the resistor pack/ECU requirements, but that's probably for another time as it's yet to be resolved one way or another. ;)

Don't get too worried about the polarity - you won't have a problem. Fire a pm over to me about the injector impedence if you want - I think I have a new Toyota resistor pack knocking around somewhere if that's of any use...