The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cool internet speed tester

JamieP

I'm on NTL 4mb, I get all of the bandwidth baby.

Not cheap, but you get what you pay for...(famous last words!)

try calling NTL account and say you are considering switching to sky because they are offering 10mb service at 10 pounds a month, ask them is there anything they can do to make the price and servce more comparable.

I did that and they upgraded me to 10mb and paid less then the 4mb service.

shy boy no sweet.

China

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to change to sky but heard about people having a lot of problems. Have you had any issues? Just looked on the sky website and think I might get the max package. What sort of speeds do you get?

Hiya, sorry missed this post.

I've had one problem, which was with the supplied router.

It upped and died on me, but they did arrange a replacement.

This took two weeks to arrive as the first one that was ordered, wasn't. When I called up after a week, they said they had no record of it being ordered.

Luckily there is a hack and you can get your username/password out of the router, so I had been using my old one.

For the first few weeks I also had to reboot my router nearly everynight, but it might have just been a duff router.

Apart from that it's been great.

I get the speeds I posted up earlier and getting hold of Sky Help Desk is realy quite refreshing. No 45 minute wait like with Pipex.

All in all I am very happy.

Only getting 6MB download out of the 'up to' 16MB, but as it's a third of the price of Pipex and 6 times the speed.. I'm happy.

Can you not even get the more basic packages?

It seems not, I got this message:

Sky Broadband Connect is available in your area. If you are a new or existing Sky TV customer we can offer you Sky Broadband Connect. At just £17 a month and a one off connection fee of £40 you can acheive download speeds of up to 8Mb, with a download allowance of 40GB. It is cheaper than the equivalent BT product.

Our Sky Broadband network will not reach your area in the next 12 months, so we are unable to offer you our Sky Broadband Base, Mid or Max products.

3637 DL

381 UL

I think mine is around a 6 meg line with BT and this is wireless connection on laptop... Good enough for what I want and lag don't seem to be a problem with XBL. Expensive with BT though

That was with Derby, London reads:

4325 DL

380 UL