The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1000?BHP single/TH400 project

Terminator

I will take pictures and post them on here from time to time. A few pics are in my garage, just test fitting parts, so ignore the masking tape and rusted exhaust mani blots

Looking forward to see this project come together.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Nice one Phil - can't wait to see it out and about on the roads.

Don't forget I'm in st ives so if I can be of any help (yeah right) just drop me a pm :)

Rob

The garage beer fridge gets emptied quickly (subtle hint)

I got the spec on this engine direct from Dana, it is very similar in constructin to the block and head used in his 8 second car. The custom pistions give a cmp ratio of 9:5.1 the whole longblock set up is designed to run at a steady 9000RPM if needed, I think I will set a lower limit than that, may be mid 8000's. I will have to see what the mapper thinks is safe. I just wish I had bought one of their intake manifolds. Who knows what the new year will bring. The £ is still stong against the $ so even better value.

All the kit I have purchased for this project is ether designed or proven to be able to deliver 1000+at the wheels. Realistically this will drop as US ponies have shorter legs but it should still be frighteningly quick. I might buy shares in Pampers.:p

I am not going to make prodictions, it will be as fast as it can be!!

Just a test fit to get some measurements below

vbpgimage.jpg

Newbuild1000.jpg

The mani was custom made in AUS. I had a two made up one for the skyline and one for the MKIV. The flow rates are close to the VWR on the Skyline plenum, the MKIV one is not so close but still good.

Good to me you too Mark, after all these years. Every time I look at the engine sitting on the stand it seems to get bigger. I still wonder if all the stuff on the engine will fit in the bay. I'll put up some pics of the box. I'll probably paint it again as it has a few scuffs from the shipping. Anything you have on the box would be helpful.

Bob sounds like good a plan.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In the words of an old talking heads song " Nothing ever happens"

We had a little entertainment on the Skyline front, an engine bay fire whilst out on the road being mapped. We had to trailer the car 180 miles from the mappers. From their description we feared the worst for the engine. Fortunately the damage was no where near as bad as we had expected. One silicon hose had 40% turned to toast and the near side cam cover was a bit charred, but the gasket held. We decided to scrap the turbo and exhaust manifold as this was the root cause of the fire. We had a long wait to get new Greddy parts we needed from Japan. The last bits arrived this morning. My evenings for the next couple of weeks are taken care of. We are going to give aem mapping a try, with the help of another local turbo enthusiast. We suspect bore wash as it had a ridiculously rich map AFR's not looking good at all. After knocking the fuelling back, we have cracked the idle and cold start. The car has had a complete body kit and black full respray. The hope is we can make it to TOB with around 525bhp in a S13 200SX shell.

When this project is back on the road, I might have time to start my build. One of the benefits of being older is not being impatient.

Edit: Long delay and total change of plans new project here.

Edited by Terminator
Updated links (see edit history)