The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Losing Weight Thread

Kookoocachu

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blueangel

I need to give up the damn fags, back when i was in my late teens i was a ranked downhill mountain biker so was really fit now downhill is probally the only way i could bike lol

I need to give up the damn fags, back when i was in my late teens i was a ranked downhill mountain biker so was really fit now downhill is probally the only way i could bike lol

yeah ric the amount of fags you smoke! its bloody ridiculous lad :D

Guest blueangel

you can talk ya bloody chainy lol. Its true and with scares about health and all that I wanna be around to see my son grow up so this year im giving up for defo.

training and lots of protein mate :D

Blueangel, assuming you are weight training a few times a week and given your comments about inability to gain weight I think you should make sure you are getting at least 260grams of protein per day, maybe a bit more. Give it a month or so and see how things go.

Make sure you're hitting big muscle groups as well with exercises like deadlift and squat and also your bench press and shoulder press.

Good luck to everyone - life is easier and healthier when you're not carrying excess weight. Keep up the good work and drink plenty water.

Fitday is a great place to track daily food intake and it is free. It will break down your food intake for you and give you total calories eaten etc... very helpful for you all.

If you want you can enter lifestyle details and daily exercise and it will give you an idea of calories in vs. calories burnt. You can also log weight everyday, goals etc etc Personally I use it for the food side of things...

http://www.fitday.com/

Weight : 16 stone dead

Height : 6`1"

Mesurements: Well. I wear 34" trousers but should really wear bigger Lol. 42" round gut and 44" chest

Ideal weight. ? Maybe 14 1/2 stone. Don't know really. Just wanna loose the gut and get tonned.

Weight : 15 stone 6

Height : 6`1"

Measurements: Still wearing 34" trousers Lol. 41" round gut and 42" chest

I was wearing just jeans when I first weighed myself on the 28th so I wore exactly the same again for consistancy.

.........THEN..............NOW...........

Alpes D'Huez!! That's serious stuff. Have you done it before? I thought about it but opted for the London Marathon instead. I hope you're getting in the hill training. What cassette ratios are you running? 200 miles is only 30 miles per day. I hope you're getting in a long distance ride. Anyway good luck mate.

don`t worry i`ve been doing this for years carrying to much weight but having enough power to get me up the mountains,7 years at majorca training camps plus over stuff.this year maybe a once in a life time thing and i don`t want to spend two weeks with my heart rate in the 180`s so i`m making more effort with the weight, 30 miles a day is easy distance wise plus we do a 60 mile club run on sunday mornings if i can get up.i could do more miles but i do my miles riding to work and back so there is only so much risk you want to take with idiot car drivers(not supra owners)i have a 100 mile route i do which has loads of hills which i`ll do soon but i`m riding a fixed wheel at the moment 48/17 which is great fun and good for power.

ratio for france should be 53/39 with a 12/27 on my bianchi or i have my eye on a bianchi with a compact on ebay.

have you done the gnr as i told it`s harder then the london run.

don`t worry i`ve been doing this for years carrying to much weight but having enough power to get me up the mountains,7 years at majorca training camps plus over stuff.this year maybe a once in a life time thing and i don`t want to spend two weeks with my heart rate in the 180`s so i`m making more effort with the weight, 30 miles a day is easy distance wise plus we do a 60 mile club run on sunday mornings if i can get up.i could do more miles but i do my miles riding to work and back so there is only so much risk you want to take with idiot car drivers(not supra owners)i have a 100 mile route i do which has loads of hills which i`ll do soon but i`m riding a fixed wheel at the moment 48/17 which is great fun and good for power.

ratio for france should be 53/39 with a 12/27 on my bianchi or i have my eye on a bianchi with a compact on ebay.

have you done the gnr as i told it`s harder then the london run.

The Great North Run is a half marathon so is dead easy. But the BIG BUT is it gets about 50,000 people crammed in. So no chance of a PB as treading all over people. Normally I do a half in sub 90 mins without water stops. As you lose about 5 secs per stop. You never hit THE WALL.

A marathon's different cos it's so long you need water, Lucozade Sport and the last 6 miles is THE WALL. It's a bit like your Supe towing a caravan with hand brake on and zero turbo boost. The London Marathon was the best 3 hrs 22 mins 40 secs sight seeing tour of London I've ever had.

Ok, so how is everyone else doing with this?

What sort of training programs are you using?

What are the eating plannings?

What supplements are you using?

4 times a week, 2 days on 1 day off, 2 days on 2 days off etc ..

light weights (as i want definition not bulk) split exercises over the week, followed up with cardio for around 40+ mins ....

as for eating - plenty of water, good carbs/protein and NO JUNK FOOD :D

only suppliment i use is glutemin and protein - i've got CEE but i cant knock that down - the taste is RANCID!

The Great North Run is a half marathon so is dead easy. But the BIG BUT is it gets about 50,000 people crammed in. So no chance of a PB as treading all over people. Normally I do a half in sub 90 mins without water stops. As you lose about 5 secs per stop. You never hit THE WALL.

A marathon's different cos it's so long you need water, Lucozade Sport and the last 6 miles is THE WALL. It's a bit like your Supe towing a caravan with hand brake on and zero turbo boost. The London Marathon was the best 3 hrs 22 mins 40 secs sight seeing tour of London I've ever had.

the wall or to bonk,i`ve been there a few times and it`s not nice.year 2000 done 144 miles in a day having a very bad spell when i was on auto pilot i think to finish,i was new to the sport then the other time in lanzarote on a very hot day and a german cyclist paced me home.

the wall or to bonk,i`ve been there a few times and it`s not nice.year 2000 done 144 miles in a day having a very bad spell when i was on auto pilot i think to finish,i was new to the sport then the other time in lanzarote on a very hot day and a german cyclist paced me home.

Rode 144 miles in a day in LANZAROTE!!! You must have buttocks of steel. ASSOS what would you do without them. I hope it was snowing. I rode in last year's summer heatwave from Cheltenham to the Malvern hills and back only 75 miles. It must have been 35 deg C and I went down with heat exhaustion. Dry honking, brain ache etc.

4 times a week, 2 days on 1 day off, 2 days on 2 days off etc ..

light weights (as i want definition not bulk) split exercises over the week, followed up with cardio for around 40+ mins ....

as for eating - plenty of water, good carbs/protein and NO JUNK FOOD :D

only suppliment i use is glutemin and protein - i've got CEE but i cant knock that down - the taste is RANCID!

Whats CEE??

Sounds good... First week was just getting back into the swing of things... so trained same body parts, to get away from the muscles aching.

But about the same... just heavier weights...

Supplements protein, small amounts of creatine, and vitamins and minerals!!

Whats CEE??

Sounds good... First week was just getting back into the swing of things... so trained same body parts, to get away from the muscles aching.

But about the same... just heavier weights...

Supplements protein, small amounts of creatine, and vitamins and minerals!!

cee is a more active version of creatine...means you don't have to bulk... and little less then 3 grams a day... but its rancid?!