The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Losing Weight Thread

Kookoocachu

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appetite suppressants are so wrong!! I got put onto that when I was 19 and eating 7 - 8 meals a day, and sadly only weighting 70 kgs... For 2 hours not hungry, then eat like there was no tomorrow to catch up the 2 hours missed!

Well today was the first day at gym and eating relatively health. Bastards at work bought cakes, donuts, pies and all sorts, managed to resist!!

Gym was supposed to a little session to get back into the swing of things. But it never goes like that, so trained hard on the weights, and now the day after tomorrow is going to sheer hell... Must do the same routine tomorrow that I did today, and hopefully wont be as painful...

Good luck to those trying, those going to dominos... :protest: :sos: :giveup:

:twak: :spank:

Well, I decided to start going to the gym twice a week. Went on Sunday, had a session with a trainer and setup a programme.

My plan is to go Sunday and Wednesday evenings, problem is that means I have to go tomorrow night - it's only session TWO and I really can't be arsed :rolleyes:

I'm sure I'll manage ;)

That's what gyms want, people like you who pay their subs and then stop going after a week. PLEASE DON'T GIVE THEM THE SATISFACTION! If everybody who signed up all showed up at the same time it'd be one big lycra clad grid lock of sweaty muscle. You don't have to spend a fortune at a gym (£30-50/mth). A brisk walk to work or cycle ride or like me RUN to work. Yes I know it goes against the Way of The Supra but do this 3 times a week and you will notice the difference. The whole point is to raise the metabolism at the start of the day so that even when you're sitting at your desk you're still burning fat. Trust me it does work. Christ my knees are killing me.

2 session a week only? What they got you doing?

Nothing too bad, 30mins cardiovascular and 30mins resistance per session - just fitness and well being etc, Did the weight training in front of mirrors bit in my younger days, bit more grown up now - no longer feel the need to be the next arnie ;)

That's what gyms want, people like you who pay their subs and then stop going after a week. PLEASE DON'T GIVE THEM THE SATISFACTION!

You are right, David Lloyd gyms got me big time a few years ago - bastids ! But really want to do it this time, it's just hard digging yourself off the sofa on a cold winters night ;)

Well I walk to work - 7 minutes

walk home at lunch time - 7 minutes

walk back - 7 minutes

walk home 7 minutes

Just doesnt seem enough, the long way is 9 minutes...

So gym 5 days a week is a good thing. Decent hike / walk once a month.

Archery 4 times per week in the winter, more in the summer. To which I cycle to, in the summer only...

Want to get myself a home gym... x-trainer, bench, weights

Nothing too bad, 30mins cardiovascular and 30mins resistance per session - just fitness and well being etc, Did the weight training in front of mirrors bit in my younger days, bit more grown up now - no longer feel the need to be the next arnie ;)

Weight training yields faster results... besides you like 99.999% peole wont get to be the next arnie... its all in the genetics...

The irony was I was running for Diabetes UK as both my brother and mum are diabetic. Keep working out because diabetes is a killer. It won't get you straight away but will cause loads of problems in the long run.

Then you should know that type I diabetes has nothing whatever to do with exercise or diet or lack thereof. Type II is a different matter. Sorry, but I get irritated by people lumping them in togther, and don't really need any reminder that I have a killer condition thanks ;) Besides, long term diabetic problems are caused by long term poor control of blood sugar levels, which can be avoided with the correct discipline, monitoring and control.

You are right, David Lloyd gyms got me big time a few years ago - bastids ! But really want to do it this time, it's just hard digging yourself off the sofa on a cold winters night ;)

A diet CAN work but only if combined with exercise. Starve yourself and your body goes into famine mode and actually holds onto fat. It's evolved from caveman days. Any apparent overnight weight loss is just water which is easily replaced in a few seconds by drinking a glass. This is the classic yoyo weight that people often see. Do eat but eat sensibly and exercise. You can safely lose 6 lbs per week. A 20 mins jog around the block is all it takes. At least 3 times/week.

Then you should know that type I diabetes has nothing whatever to do with exercise or diet or lack thereof. Type II is a different matter. Sorry, but I get irritated by people lumping them in togther, and don't really need any reminder that I have a killer condition thanks ;) Besides, long term diabetic problems are caused by long term poor control of blood sugar levels, which can be avoided with the correct discipline, monitoring and control.

He didn't mention a type. But I guess if he's running for Diabetes UK then he is raising money to help educate people on both types of diabetes.

I'm not talking about Type 1 (no ability to produce insulin). My brother is Type 2. He's been diabetic for 30 years. When he was diagnosed, he weighed 17 stones. Not bad a 5 ft 8" tall 15 old school boy. His condition is for being clinically obese from eating junk!

My mother is 78 not overweight but is also Type 2 through old age since she was 67.

Both have had cataract operations, gout, circulation problems, heart conditions, blood pressure issue, etc, etc. Sorry mate you're wrong it's still a killer. And as it's family I've had to live with this as well. That's why I beat myself up raising money by running for people like my brother, my mother and you.

6 lbs per week? I would question that... Thats a hell of a lot of weight to lose in a week. 2 - 3 seems more reasonable, after the first 1 - 2 weeks of training.

That is the MAX anybody can lose safely. It's training everyday twice a day but is purely cardiovascular with minimum weights/resistance training. Muscle weighs more than fat. I did this earlier this year as every kilo of fat/muscle is a kilo or litre of water I could be carrying/drunk. But not on a pub crawl race - in a long distance run. More than this and you'll overstress yourself.

I'm not talking about Type 1 (no ability to produce insulin). My brother is Type 2. He's been diabetic for 30 years. When he was diagnosed, he weighed 17 stones. Not bad a 5 ft 8" tall 15 old school boy. His condition is for being clinically obese from eating junk!

My mother is 78 not overweight but is also Type 2 through old age since she was 67.

Both have had cataract operations, gout, circulation problems, heart conditions, blood pressure issue, etc, etc. Sorry mate you're wrong it's still a killer. And as it's family I've had to live with this as well. That's why I beat myself up raising money by running for people like my brother, my mother and you.

Sorry, didn't mean to say it's not a serious condition, trust me I'm well aware of that and the possible complications! However, it can be sucessfully controlled - it's not easy, but possible, and people that are diagnosed with it need to know that if you take care it's not a foregone conclusion. I have type I diabetes, and if I had a quid for every time someone tells me it's because I ate too many sweets as a kid I'd be a rich man...

Well i start back training tomorrow, not to lose weight but to put some more on.

Im at 16st just now but looking to hit about 17st then diet down, to about 13st with about 8% bodyfat. Looking to enter my first comp this year in the http://www.bnbf.co.uk at some point, so we will see how my training and diet progresses.

Train Hard, Eat Healthy.

Geo.

Sorry, didn't mean to say it's not a serious condition, trust me I'm well aware of that and the possible complications! However, it can be sucessfully controlled - it's not easy, but possible, and people that are diagnosed with it need to know that if you take care it's not a foregone conclusion. I have type I diabetes, and if I had a quid for every time someone tells me it's because I ate too many sweets as a kid I'd be a rich man...

I know what you mean. I was fed up to the eyeballs with the number of people who said they wouldn't sponsor me because diabetes is self-inflicted. W4nkers!!! So is lung cancer if you smoke and liver cirrohsis if you're an alcoholic. But it didn't stop me raising £2360 this year for Diabetes UK on the London Marathon.