The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Losing Weight Thread

Kookoocachu

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok heres the pics...
Oh, you're white! I dunno why but I always thought you were one of the asian lads on here. How odd.

I could do with losing some weight but it would mean stopping drinking alcohol, so that's out.

I did lose 2½ stone in 5 months during 2003 (15½ to 13 stone) but I gave the diet up at Chrstmas and had put all the weight back on by the following Christmas. Now I just accept that I'm over weight :shrug:

God damn, i feel left out of this

*goes to start weight gain thread*

I'm with you on this one Rob

Weight: 10st

Waist: 31"

Chest: 33"

Height: 5' 10"

I need to gain weight and so does my supra!!!

Bigger exhaust - Bigger brakes - and by the way my driving has been described 9st of my weight is in my right foot :p

Reading this thread I havn't laughed so much in ages!!!

Laughing is the best way to burn calories apparently and is the only way to use almost every muscle in your face, chest and stomach :)

I know of another way to lose weight............

Keep driving your Supras and the pounds will fall into your petrol tanks

:D

A few years back i was very overweight 16st @ 5ft 6"

I managed to lose all the weight over a year and get down to 9st 7lbs.

It wasn't too hard really ;)

Writing down what i used to eat in a day allowed me to see where i could cut calories. One example was i had at least 8 cups of tea a day with 3 sugars in each, this work out at around 200 calories.

Having my main carbohydrate intake (largest meal)first thing in the morning and then eating less in the evening. Having no butter on bread etc There areLoads of ways to cut back on your calorie intake.

Don't go mad an give up everything instantly as you will be more inclined to binge if you starve yourself.

Drink lots of water, at least 2 or 3 pints a day ! A lot of the time when your body tells you you are hungry it is actually thirst.

Don't go mad at the gym work up to it as you will be less inclined to give up.

I remember the first time i went running i managed to go about 100 metres before i was knackered :D

I started running at night as people would laugh at me and i was far too self conscious :D

I started to do a staggered system of 5 mins walking followed by 1 minute running slowly building up to being able to run for a full session.

Using that system i was able to build up to running 10 miles in an hour and a 5 minute mile.

I would also do some weight training as well, building up some muscle will help you to burn calories and avoid the dreaded excess skin.

Ignore that BMI and ideal height weight measurements, they apply to an ideal person, we are all different, waist size is a better indicator.

If you look at Lambertpig as an example the guy is very muscular and does a lot of weight training,according to his stats he would be classed as obese by the BMI when clearly he isn't.

Good luck guys you can do it :thumbs:

I got a cross trainer a few months ago, was doing really well until Christmas landed on the doorstep!!

I'm 5'11", 13 1/2 stone. Would like to be about 12 really.

Trouble is you need to keep up exercise all the time when you get over a certain age, you can't just lose the weight and then stop the routine - you have to decide: a life of exercise or a life of fat!!

I did this for two weeks with exersise and lost 9 klo's (1.4 Stone) it was really hard to bear especially the last week but the weight came off and stayed off "try it it works"

Kick Start

While health experts offer an endless array of weight-loss methods, these plans often take time and, being impatient, we lose hope. Now a new short-term eating plan may help people who are overweight to kick-start their weight loss.

Below you will find the recipe and seven-day eating plan for stage one of the Kick-Start Soup Diet.

*The information in this fact file was updated on June 18, 2003.

The Kick-Start Soup Diet recipe

(Makes enough for one person for two days.)

INGREDIENTS

• 3 tomatoes

• 2 large cans of crushed tomatoes

• 2 cans of liquid stock (beef, chicken or vegetable)

• 2 cups of water

• 1 packet of vegetable or French onion dry soup powder

• 1 bunch spring onions

• 1 bunch of celery, including leaves

• 2 cups of green beans

• 3 green capsicums

• 1kg carrots

• 2 stock cubes (chicken, beef or vegie)

METHOD

1. Chop all the vegies into small pieces and put them in a big pot with the remaining ingredients.

2. Add salt and pepper (not too much salt).

3. Boil rapidly for two minutes and simmer until it's nice and tender.

4. If you want it thinner, add a bit more water.

Have as much of the soup as you want, whenever you want.

Seven-day eating plan

The quantities recommended are per day.

Avoid toast and cereal for breakfast while on this plan. Stick with the recommended foods for each day.

You should only follow this seven-day eating plan for a maximum of three times in six months.

• DAY 1. SOUP AND FRUIT: Eat any fruit except bananas because they are high in kilojoules. Eat as much as you want. If you don't want soup for breakfast have a fruit salad instead.

• DAY 2. SOUP AND VEGIES, NO FRUIT: Eat as much fresh, raw or lightly steamed vegies as you like. Leafy greens are great but avoid peas, corn and dry beans as they are high in sugar. Reward yourself at night with a jacket potato, a little butter or better still, some yoghurt.

• DAY 3. SOUP, VEGIES AND FRUIT: Eat all you want but no potatoes.

• DAY 4. SOUP AND BANANA SMOOTHIES: Make a banana smoothie with low-fat or skim milk - it's a great source of potassium. Have a maximum of three large bananas per day.

• DAY 5. SOUP, BEEF AND TOMATOES: Eat a piece of lean beef or a skinless breast of chicken no bigger than a stack of cards with six luscious tomatoes. Vegetarians can substitute tofu. These quantities are per day. You can go easy on the soup today.

• DAY 6. SOUP, BEEF AND VEGIES: Eat plenty of beef (or skinless chicken or fish) and vegies today. Again, vegetarians can substitute tofu. You mightn't need soup as much but your body will tell you. No potatoes.

• DAY 7. SOUP, BROWN RICE, VEGIES AND FRUIT JUICE: You might need more soup today.

Remember: do not eat any bread, fried foods or oil on the seven-day plan.

Drinks

• While on the plan, do not have any soft drinks or alcohol.

• You can drink unsweetened fruit juice or cranberry juice; black, green or herbal tea (you can have skim milk with black tea); coffee; skim milk and plenty of water - six to eight glasses a day.

Side effects

• Because you're not consuming many carbohydrates, some may find the glucose in their bloodstream becomes too low, causing hypoglycaemia.

• This can cause a range of symptoms, such as headache, sweatiness, anxiety, irritability and drowsiness.

• Don't worry, it might sound awful but it's easily fixed.

• Have a sandwich with whole-grain bread, a slice of low-fat cheese and a bit of ham but no butter or margarine. Vegetarians can try a low-fat cheese and tomato sandwich. But only have a maximum of one sandwich per day.

• If these symptoms occur repeatedly consult your doctor.

Stage two

So what happens if you haven't cheated?

By the end of the seven days you may have lost as much as 4-6kg, if you haven't put on those walking shoes and gone for a daily walk you won't have lost as much.

If you lose more than 6kg stay off the diet for a couple of days and then start again at Day 1.

You should only follow this seven-day eating plan for a maximum of three times in six months. Once you've reached this maximum take six months off the plan and follow the low-GI program.

Once you've completed the seven-day eating plan it is time to move on to stage two - a long-term, low-GI eating plan.

Before starting any new eating plan you should consult your doctor to see if it is right for you, particularly if you are taking any medication.

5'10", 75kg.

I want to be 72kg - probably take me until next week to manage that. I use the Tony Hawks diet:

Day 1: Eat less, exercise more

Day 2: Eat less, exercise more

Day 3 (today we mix it up a bit): exercise more, eat less.

Job done.

I'm with you on this one Rob

Weight: 10st

Waist: 31"

Chest: 33"

Height: 5' 10"

I need to gain weight...

I'm in the same boat:

Height: 6' 2"

Waist: 36"

Chest 42"

BMI: 23.79 - Healthy ;)

Body fat: 12%

Co*k: 3" but 13st 3lb of pure muscle to hammer it home :eyebrows:

If I go on a diet I'll fade away.....

:( A year ago i was 19st and a size 24 in clothes

I am now 15st and a size 16-18 in clothes ande am working at getting down to 11st and size 12-14 in clothes.

I am 5ft 10". Waist 38" Chest 42" and shoe size 8.

I have joined a gym and am drinking plenty of water especially before I go food shopping :)

:( A year ago i was 19st and a size 24 in clothes

I am now 15st and a size 16-18 in clothes ande am working at getting down to 11st and size 12-14 in clothes.

I am 5ft 10". Waist 38" Chest 42" and shoe size 8.

I have joined a gym and am drinking plenty of water especially before I go food shopping :)

CLAPS!!!!

lol it's like an AA meeting where we all stand up and describe ourselves. As long as we get somewhere thats the main thing.

Ok heres mines...

Height: 179CMs

Weight: 83KGS

Waist: 36"

Christmas has been a bastard as well.

When I was preparing for Muay Thai Kick Boxing, ring fighting, I was weighing 69kgs...

Would prefer to be a little bigger than then.

Some good advise...

Water - lots of it!

More meals throughout the day, around 6, small healthy

Do not generally cut carbs completely as your body does need them.

Then the obvious stuff, cut the junk food, sweets, chocolate, crap, etc

So good luck all!! Hopefully some of us get somewhere.