The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you love your Job????

JamieP

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually really LOVE my job. The job is good, but the people i work with really makes it so much better. My department, and in fact anyone of the 300 people in the building (bar a couple of w*nkers) make it so good!

I love helping people and fixing people, so working in IT support is the right place for me.

However, with current situation, we've been bought out and we'll find out in the next few weeks if we still have jobs etc - or at least we'll hear their plans for us. That puts a damper on things at the moment, but just have to wait and see. Nothing I can do. But redundancy at 24yrs old isnt something i wanted to face, at least not just yet.

Nevermind!

Its really good to see so many people love their jobs! :)

Mine is so fucking boring I'd prefer to clean bollards if I could get the work!

You soon change your mind if the bollards are attached to a ship, which at that present time is sailing in the polar circle. -35c will put you off, believe me :D

Hi H

Not quite Jimmy Bond yet mate, but i do get to travel on one of the queens big grey messengers of death oh and i forgot to mention it has approx 46000 horse power.

Please don't tell me you are a wafu or a Guzz fag :p

I'm not too happy with my work at the mo. I'm keeping an eye out for a change to freight. with freight, you don't have a manager on your back asking why you lost 2 mins between the coast and f#cking london. or passangers asking " are you the driver?" which i reply yes then they ask " do you know if this train will stop at East croydon" which at this point i first ask myself, are they taking the piss. the list is endless with the amount of daft questions i get lol

If I had a windfall of just enough money to pay for the bills and food every year with a bit left over, I would not go to work.
That's exactly why I haven't worked for the last 15months. I got 42k redundancy money and 20k of shares when I got laid off in Sept 05 and I've basically been living off that ever since. TBH, it's been great! I really like not working. The money is starting to run out now though:(

It's surprising how quickly the money goes down when you've got none coming in.

I've dabbled with a couple of different things in this time I've been out of work but neither of them worked out how I had hoped so I won't be doing them for a living. I've got to find something soon though, my Mrs isn't gonna put up with me sitting on my arse any longer.

redundancy at 24yrs old isnt something i wanted to face
Try it at 40 mate! It really sucks.

Try it at 40 mate! It really sucks.

I bet it does mate - Sorry - i wasn't trying to say that there IS an age for redundancy... i just thought i'd last a bit longer than this... I can't imagine how it'd make you feel.... I also know that i'll get £0 if i do go, because i've been a sodding contractor for the last year.

My mum was made redundant last october.. she's in her 50's now. But she had a bit of luck on her side (but mostly the skills that employers wanted) and got a new job straight away - and she loves it :)

Sorry to hear that Jake mate.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you used to do?

Have you thought about taking any courses in the meantime? I don't know, perhaps you could get into car mechanics or something to a)keep you busy and b) set you up for a job you enjoy in the future.

This is horrible when this happens. However, I would love to be made redundant right now as the job is crap and a payout would be nice, plus I'm only 24 too and the cash would keep me ticking over until June for the RAF.

My last job was good, very interesting work but I wanted more than it could offer in terms of career and pay etc

so I've just got 4 days notice to work out in the new year and then I start my new job...

I hope it's as good as I think it could be. It puts my in a high up position in the company, the highest I've ever been anyway and yet I still avoid management crap and excessive paperwork :) I think this new job has better potential for big £ in the future

fingers crossed I made the right decision, otherwise I'll have to go contracting and work for my old company again for twice the £, I know they really would need me back (but I'm not sure they woudl admit it lol)

I have only been in my job 3 months but I love it! The people are great, im learning loads and the career potential is good! :D

Im just waiting for something to mess up :rolleyes:

i cant be arse to go back i need a decent paid job that i enjoy

so what do all you guys who enjoy work do ?

Its not about what we do - its about what YOU do and what YOU enjoy doing.

I do IT Support (3rd line/Server) - I LOVE it. But to you that might be boring as hell.

Have you met my boss ??? :thumbdown:

So a defo no i don't enjoy it, I'm the Company Buyer and the job is easy and I can do it with one arm behind my back, its just all the bullying, bitching and polotics that spoil it, and that does not come from the "staff"

Our xmas do was interesting to say the least, especially as a few people have got to the end of their tether and had a pop at THE ROUTE OF THE PROBLEM the other partner / boss our MD !!! :swear::slapped: :boxing: it has been brewing for a while now , so i'm suprised it hasn't happened sooner TBH.

So it will be interesting on returning on the 2nd to see "who is still with us!!"

Our company is about favourites !! not how good you are or how long you've been there